Supply Provisions Injector Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Tucker

Supply Provisions Injector Razor

Post by Tucker »

A few months back, I acquired the production version of the Supply Provisions Injector Razor which came with three plates to adjust the aggression. I was not part of the Kickstarter for it. I have tried it with a variety of blades including Schick, Personna, vintage, and current production. I even manually loaded a cut-down Feather Professional AC blade. However, the razor is still rather mild for me even with the most aggressive plate. I actually prefer mild razors, but this one leaves stubble behind. It takes a bit of effort to get a decent shave out of it. It is a thing of beauty to behold with the machining and finish. It also allows for manually loading blades which is an advantage or using cut-down Artist Club blades. I cut them down with tin snips.

A version two is forthcoming that addresses some of the issues that users have reported. My recommendation would be to wait for that to come out.
brothers

Re: Supply Provisions Injector Razor

Post by brothers »

My main issue with injectors, any brand or vintage, has been that they're all too mild and leave stubble. I haven't tried this new one. Maybe the next version will be quite a bit more efficient in removing whiskers.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

My problem with Injectors has generally been that they're too aggressive.

A Type M Adjustable can be set milder, but even the Type L is aggressive for me. I also have a Gillette Injector that is very mild.

- Murray
ben-blade

Post by ben-blade »

I've got the razor in the Kickstarter campaign. I've also got 4 Schick injector (2 of which are Hydromagics).

The Supply razor with the 2 dots plate was too aggressive for me so I've changed to the mildest plate (1 dot) and I'm getting BBS shaves compare to the ones I'm getting with my SE (my preferred razors). Since I've got it I'm contemplating selling my other Schicks as I cannt see a reason to use them again. It's only drawback for me is the weight.

What does all this proves - that OMDV !
brothers

Post by brothers »

Our mileage does vary indeed!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

Well I acquired the Supply Provisions V2. The aggression has been stepped up on the 3-Dot Plate, and the QC looked wonderful. I used a vintage Schick Platinum Plus Blade, and it delivers a good shave with a viscous shaving cream like The Body Shop Maca Root. I want to try Schick Proline Japanese blades in it which I hear good things about on the forums. I will also try another cut down Feather Pro in this version. That is the beauty of the design that blades can be manually loaded. I can recommend this razor if you are an Injector fan.
BPman

Post by BPman »

brothers wrote:My main issue with injectors, any brand or vintage, has been that they're all too mild and leave stubble. I haven't tried this new one. Maybe the next version will be quite a bit more efficient in removing whiskers.
Not the G Model IMO.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I'm not much interested in new equipment lately. However, this looks like a really nice razor and I have a fairly good supply of vintage Injector blades, along with a lot of recent production. I'm strongly tempted to give one of these a try!

Thanks for the original review and the Version 2 update, Tucker.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

The thought of cutting down a Feather AC blade to fit an injector is a good one.
Gary