OneBlade Core

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Vincev

OneBlade Core

Post by Vincev »

I have had three shaves with the OneBade Core, these are the results and present situation.
First shave was horrible had to do a fourth pass with my 34C. And with my sensitive chin area I never do four passes.
Second shave was better but not good enough.
Third shave was much better and closer to what I like in a shave.
OneBlade recommends a 21 shave learning period and I guess they are correct.

My fourth shave never happened when I picked up the razor the blade was quite noticeably crooked. I removed the blade but had difficulty reinserting it. The edges of the blade kept catching on the inside of the razor and at times got stuck halfway in. And a few times the blade pushed passed the edge of the razor. I thought I damaged the razor and did not feel safe using it so I called OneBlade Customer Service. Their representative was excellent he assured me I did not damage the razor and I did not cut the stoppers. He attempted to talk me through the blade loading process but I kept having the same problem. The blade kept getting stuck inside the razor and got pushed through the razor.

I told the representative I did not want to give up one the OneBlade but I did not feel safe using the razor. After a few minutes of talking he offered to send me a new razor if I would send back my razor, I agreed.

I think inserting the blade has been a problem with other users because they are also sending me an updated user's guide that was not part of the initial shipments.

After I receive the new razor and have a few shaves I will post my results
brothers

Re: OneBlade Core

Post by brothers »

This doesn't sound good. For some reason I have no confidence in this razor.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Vincev

Post by Vincev »

When I receive my new razor I will post the results of my shaves.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Vincev wrote:When I receive my new razor I will post the results of my shaves.
Vince, are you able to share an opinion of your OneBlade Core results yet?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jar

Post by jar »

brothers wrote:
Vincev wrote:When I receive my new razor I will post the results of my shaves.
Vince, are you able to share an opinion of your OneBlade Core results yet?
For some reason the OneBlade Core I ordered is taking forever to get here but the last couple days I have been using one of my Valet AutoStrops with the same Feather blade the OneBlade uses so it will be interesting to compare the two.