Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Tucker

Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor

Post by Tucker »

The Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor is a plastic razor that I saw in Boots Pharmacy in London. It is widely available on Ebay, Amazon, and from shaving vendors. It is a two-piece razor. It is quite mild, and I had trouble finding a blade that worked well in it. However, I finally got around to trying a Feather, and it now performs wonderfully! If you like mild razors with sharp blades, this is worth trying as a cheap travel razor.
J T

Re: Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor

Post by J T »

Tucker
I have used this razor with Polsilver, YelloeSharpEdge and Treet Durasharp blades. The resulting shaves have been stunningly mediocre. Tomorrow I'll be more than happy to try a Feather blade. Thanks for the heads up.
~ Jack
J T

Post by J T »

The Wilk Classic Razor with a feather blade gave an acceptable shave (ymmv), adequate fall back razor and blade.
~ Jack
brothers

Post by brothers »

Reminds me of my trusty old Schick Krona. Somewhat mild but not mediocre. It was always good with the vintage blades and most recently, Feathers.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

I also should confirm that I am not currently using the Krona and I don't have any Feather blades. :D
My previous statement was for discussion purposes based on past experiences.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444