Mehaz Safety Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Modern Ancient

Mehaz Safety Razor

Post by Modern Ancient »

This is my first attempt, at a product review, in some years.

The Mehaz Safety Razor

When I bought this safety razor, I thought it would be like any other. However, right away, I noticed something different about this safety razor. This one was heavy. It weighs close to 2.5 ounces. That is a lot, for a safety razor. Most of them have no heft. At least, in the butterfly/TTO category, there are precious few, which have any heft, to them, at all. I was looking forward, to trying it, as soon as I opened it, in the store.

I thought it would be an aggressive razor, and, to some, it may be, but, it is, absolutely, smooth, when it comes to my face. I have used, almost exclusively, sine I purchased it. It has replaced my Timor, and, my Master Barber Classic Safety Razor. This razor, really, gives close shaves, with, nearly, no razor burn. I recommend this razor, especially, for those who like TTO/Butterfly style safety razors.
jar

Re: Mehaz Safety Razor

Post by jar »

That looks very much like the Weishi 9306 razor which is often sold under other names. I keep a Weishi 9306 in my Dopp kit as my travel razor and every once in awhile pull it out simply because it is one of those razors that works way better than expected. It performs as well as any of my Gillette TTOs except just maybe for the Aristocrats and variations like the British #66.

I think you'll enjoy that one for a long, long time.
Modern Ancient

Post by Modern Ancient »

jar wrote:That looks very much like the Weishi 9306 razor which is often sold under other names. I keep a Weishi 9306 in my Dopp kit as my travel razor and every once in awhile pull it out simply because it is one of those razors that works way better than expected. It performs as well as any of my Gillette TTOs except just maybe for the Aristocrats and variations like the British #66.

I think you'll enjoy that one for a long, long time.

Yeah, it does look like that. But, it is, at least, twice as heavy.
jar

Post by jar »

Here are some BORING DETAILS on a variety of razors.