Colonial General Stainless first shave

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Tucker

Colonial General Stainless first shave

Post by Tucker »

Weighing in at 122g and reining from China is the Colonial General Stainless. It is the Heavyweight Champion of my shaving den outweighing my Rockwell 6s and Supply Proviisons Injector V1. I have two of the aluminum versions, so I put in a Feather Professional which is my preferred blade. The head geometry seemed and shaved indentical which for me is a mild, but efficient shave. The knurling on the handle and overall QC was flawless. This is an outstanding razor if you can deal with the weight. I prefer the nimbleness of the aluminum that dances around my face. However, the stainless will stand the test of time. At the conclusion of the shave, I slightly loosened the head, and dunked it in high proof rubbing alcohol to prevent "tea staining" which is a discoloration that can occur on stainless razors. Then I tightened it back up again to dry. I think that Gary needs to put one of these in his bank's safety deposit box for future generations!
pausted

Re: Colonial General Stainless first shave

Post by pausted »

Thanks for your report, Tucker. You kept me from wanting a SS General. I use an aluminum one frequently and find it to be a terrific razor. I had a Supply injector for a short time before returning it under their guarantee. It was simply too heavy. If the SS General is heavier than that, then I know I wouldn't like it. Thanks again.
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Re: Colonial General Stainless first shave

Post by brothers »

I was about a minute late when they went on sale the other day. Thanks for the review.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444