Pacific Double Edge Razor from DollarTree for $1

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Tucker

Pacific Double Edge Razor from DollarTree for $1

Post by Tucker »

I was at DollarTree today to purchase a pacifier for my three year old daughter. I always look at the shaving products, and I noticed the Pacific Double Edge Razor which comes with five double edge blades. I couldn't find it on their website, but I found the ebay link below to show you what it looks like. It is very similar to a Weishi in appearance, and a Chinese clone of a 1960's Gillette SuperSpeed. However, I don't believe it to be exactly the same as a Weishi. I bought two of them. When I got home, I popped a twice used Gillette SharpEdge Yellow in it, and lathered up with Arko using my Omega Hi-Brush synthetic brush. The blade gap was even, but not perfect when I eyeball it from side to side. Not bad though, and I had a Weishi that was worse in that regard. The shave was awesome, and the razor was more efficient than the three Weishi Razors that I have tried. With a Weishi Razor, I am limited to only using Feather Blades to get the aggression up to where I need it. With this Pacific Razor, I don't think that will be the case. Anyway, highly recommended if you can find a DollarTree near you. I find that some stores have different stock than others within the same city, so don't give up if the first store doesn't have any. They are found near the disposable razors packages.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pacific-5-doub ... SwtytZojoQ
blantyre

Re: Pacific Double Edge Razor from DollarTree for $1

Post by blantyre »

Good to know - one of these might make a good travel razor - very low stakes if it gets lost or damaged. I usually travel with a good razor - at least a Krona often a vintage Gillette but sometimes I don't even want to risk the Krona. I think I'll pick one these up next time I run across a Dollar Tree. It would also a very inexpensive way for someone new to DE shaving to try one out. I'd be interested to hear your findings on the blades that come with the razor as well - unlikely to be exceptional but if they will at least give a couple of acceptable quality shaves that would be a plus. If they don't that's OK too. If they turn out to be amazing that's even better.
Rick
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

Yes, I will report back my impression of the blades. I didn't see the blades there for sale individually. However, I did enjoy the Chinese blades that came with my Ming Shi 2000s. My cheap travel razor is a Dorco PL-602 which is a wonderful, mild, polymer razor that is also worth trying. I leave my more expensive razors at home.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

And here I paid $2.50 a while back at Big Lots for what seems to be the same thing. What's funny is that the package says that the razor is free, so that you're supposedly only paying for 5 blades.

I haven't seen the razor at Dollar Tree yet, and I've been there pretty recently, so maybe it won't be sold everywhere. If I find it, it might be worth getting a few just for the blades, which I thought were pretty good.

I got a decent shave with this razor and the blades it came with.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I just tossed mine out. In the process of reattaching the "baby moon" hubcap-like cover on the bottom of the twist knob, I pressed the head against a table top and squished it down somewhat. (I also noticed that I had actually paid only $1.50 at Big Lots, not $2.50, so it was worth it just for the blades and for the learning experience.)

It may look like a Super Speed, but it's not one, really.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I just saw the same razor at a Dollar Tree, but branded with their "Assured" health products name.