In Praise of the Ordinary Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Re: In Praise of the Ordinary Razor

Post by TRBeck » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 am

Two shaves in with the v3A from Maggard.

It is certainly more aggressive than the standard DE89 head, and I do like the closeness I get on my neck as a result. The chin is not really much of an improvement. Perhaps more time with it would yield a different result.

That said, the finish is not great. There's a bit of blade play, and there's a tiny gap between the handle and razor head when it's screwed down tight. I don't dislike the gunmetal finish, but I would prefer chrome to match my razor handle, and in the end, I suspect this thing will be gone from the den soon.

Red Tip incoming and then I am probably done chasing razors for a while again...unless an aluminum General is available after we move and get settled :roll: :lol:
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau

Gene

Re: In Praise of the Ordinary Razor

Post by Gene » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 am

Tim - PM heading your way.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore