Shaving with a Schick Type D Injector and other early injectors

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Shaving with a Schick Type D Injector and other early injectors

Post by Pauldog »

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find any mention of an actual shave with a Schick Type D injector razor. I have the D, E, and F (as well as even earlier models that I don't think work 100%), so I should put in some blades and report back. I just got the D in the mail on Saturday, so I'm all enthusiastic again.
Tucker

Re: Shaving with a Schick Type D Injector and other early injectors

Post by Tucker »

Paul, I've shaved with the butterscotch bakelite handled ones. They are somewhat aggressive, and provide a close shave. I used the Chinese Schick blades. You just have to be mindful of the blade angle relative to your face. Let us know how it goes.
brothers

Post by brothers »

It's fun watching the discussions surrounding these old Schicks. They're good razors and a great many are still in use, but probably not much by the original owners! My main attachment is the Krona DE that was purchased new at my local drug store and 40 years it finally defaulted and is now one of my prized possessions.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I finally installed a fresh blade into this thing... [If you saw my razor drawer, with all the live razors holding blades with some shaves left in them, you'd know why it takes a while to try something new.]
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I finally tried it a few days ago, and it worked well. It was somewhat more aggressive than the last injectors, but not dangerous like a Muhle R41.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I just got a C2 injector, so I now have at least one of each type except for H, K, and O. (I sold a K, and sold my new O's years ago. Sold them too soon, judging by what they sell for these days.) I have a fair number of E's, G's, L's, and M's. They mostly came in eBay razor lots, and I never got around to reselling them.

I'm not sure I want to try shaving with an A, B, or C. I remember playing around with the mechanisms of the A and B years ago, but I don't remember if I actually did any shaving or was just using old blades.

I want to try the F soon. That one seems to be made entirely out of one hunk of metal.

I have an unusual Type G that must be a G2. Safetyrazors.net says that it's solid 14kt gold, but when I took a magnifying glass to the minuscule markings on the handle, I read "gold filled," which is a type not mentioned on that site. Maybe the "solid gold" description was an error?
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I've now tried the E and F as well as the D. The shaves all seem similar, and pretty satisfactory. I'll probably keep the E, which seems barely used, and sell the D and F. The F is worth quite a bit, especially with its unique black case.