Occam's Razor

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

Re: Occam's Razor

Post by brothers »

The Occam's that I have is the most recent design. The center of the handle has been removed, making it lighter of course. Also, they changed the guard to make it smaller. I don't know what that means but it is described in the text on Classic's page just beneath where the videos are located. Mine is the Nano gold color. I suspect the gentleman in the video would be comforted by Paul's opinion that the screws won't be easily lost. But as the guy in the video says, they gave us two extras just in case. If I happen to use my Occam often and try to change the base plate occasionally I'll probably be the first one to lose my screws. :)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

Very interesting. I am skeptical that anyone on this forum could shave for $32/year as claimed on the Classic site. I think that I spent more than that in the 1980s when I had a full beard. That’s not really the issue though. It looks like a nice razor.
Rick
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

$32? Let's see...

I'll assume I have the permanent hardware already - razor, brush, mug, and no need to get pre-shave oil or more after-shave or special prescription (or OTC) skin care products.

And no B.A.D. or R.A.D., which is a BIG assumption. :)

$10-20 for soap? $10-20 for blades? If you go through blades as slowly as Gary, maybe $5 for blades.