Gillette Platinum Blue Box

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
BPman

Gillette Platinum Blue Box

Post by BPman »

By Blue Box I mean these which are as of now only available in Europe and you need to order off Ebay such as I did to get some:

Some reviewers were saying that these were smoother than the regular Platinum that has been available for years. This one:

Still there is the older White Box Platinum sold in Europe that the new Blue Box appears to be replacing:

I can now say that I have used all three and will now refer to each as blade #1, #2 & #3 in descending photo order.

Firstly, I could never tell any difference between blades #2 & #3 despite using either in a variety of razors. IMO they are the same blade. As for the newest of the bunch, blade #1, I have received nothing but remarkable shaves with it as well. In a few instances it seemed smoother, but a quick comparison determined that it was probably the particularly slick soap I had used. I am still testing at this point. Regardless, the Platinum is a simply top shelf blade. I got five tucks of #1 shipped from Eastern Europe on Ebay for right at $5.00 and a one month wait.
pausted

Re: Gillette Platinum Blue Box

Post by pausted »

Good review, BPman. Thanks.
Best regards,

Basil