Scored Injector on eBay

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
dfrea

Scored Injector on eBay

Post by dfrea »

Hello Gents,
Scored this new (OK, new to me) vintage shick injector on ebay a few days ago, just showed up today...couldn't contain myself with excitement.

Here's my question: first of all, does it look like there's already a blade in this thing? I sure think so!

So, if I go out and buy a pack of injector blades, i'll somehow be able to open er up and get that blade out? Not to mention sterlize the razor? Secondly, the box, on the underside of the lid, carries a note, "Eversharp Schick Injector Razor - Free Service Guaranteed Forever". Whaddya think, should I take them up on it?

Dustin[/img]
SSLStudio

injector razor...

Post by SSLStudio »

I dont know nothing about these razor.. dont like the look, remind me of Gillette multiblade systems.

Sure forever is forever ! so :P

Just to say before your going to use it let it soak in Alcohol of 96% that will kill all the danger... or use a steamblast machine
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Yep, there's a blade in there.
Check here for a nifty scan of the instructions.
I'm not sure how bakelite does in boiling water, so the one I got from ebay I simply held the head under the water to sterilize it.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
javyn

Post by javyn »

yep there is a blade in there because the only way to take it out is to 'inject' a new one in, which will push the old one out. don't open it up! i don't think the razor would like that very much!
John
yasuo200365

Post by yasuo200365 »

This link will tell you the history & the photographs will help you identify the model:

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Regards
John

PS Putting in a new blade will push the old one out.
SidSeizure

Post by SidSeizure »

This injector thread from yesterday might be interesting to you:

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6178

Scott
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

PPS You can use a blade pack to push out an old blade without inserting a new blade. Just push in the key and use something like a screwdriver to push the old blade back against the head. Then you can slide it out. Be very careful - I assume no liability if you cut yourself, but I've done it a bunch of times without hurting myself, and I'm not particularly deft.

Why do it?
1) To expose more of the innards of the razor for cleaning.
2) To prepare the razor for shipping to someone. Why send them a useless sharp object? (Besides, it might reduce your shipping weight enough to save you $.24. :D )

yasuo200365 wrote:PS Putting in a new blade will push the old one out.
RobNoxious

Post by RobNoxious »

Looks a lot like the one I just scored on E-Bay.

Still waiting for it, though.
I'm in Love with Death,
But I have a Deep Affection for Delirium
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Re: injector razor...

Post by Pauldog »

For a while, they were making twin injector blades, but now I think there are only single blades available. Either type will fit in almost all injector razors.

SSLStudio wrote:dont like the look, remind me of Gillette multiblade systems.
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Pauldog wrote:For a while, they were making twin injector blades, but now I think there are only single blades available. Either type will fit in almost all injector razors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Personna-Injector-I ... dZViewItem

I've seen other 'Twinjector' blades there also.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Tye wrote:
Pauldog wrote:For a while, they were making twin injector blades, but now I think there are only single blades available. Either type will fit in almost all injector razors.

-Tye
Cool I didn't know they existed. How's the shave?
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

AACJ wrote:
Tye wrote:

-Tye
Cool I didn't know they existed. How's the shave?
I haven't bought any yet, but now that I'm on an Injector kick I'll probably pick some up.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
dfrea

Post by dfrea »

Had my first shave with the injector yesterday morning, after sterilizing with 91% alcohol, and taking it apart (the stupid swivel thing that takes 20 minutes to put back together) to scrub it. Anyway, loaded a CVS Injector blade in it, and went to town. Wasn't impressed, seemed to drag a lot. I think I'll chalk that up to inexperience, bad technique, and using a bad Williams lather that didn't lubricate worth a damn. Tommorow, we'll give it a shot with a better lather and more time.
ouch

Post by ouch »

No twin blade injectors for me. I'm waiting for the five blade Fusionjector.
Gillette1904

Post by Gillette1904 »

dfrea wrote:Had my first shave with the injector yesterday morning, after sterilizing with 91% alcohol, and taking it apart (the stupid swivel thing that takes 20 minutes to put back together) to scrub it. Anyway, loaded a CVS Injector blade in it, and went to town. Wasn't impressed, seemed to drag a lot. I think I'll chalk that up to inexperience, bad technique, and using a bad Williams lather that didn't lubricate worth a damn. Tommorow, we'll give it a shot with a better lather and more time.
I have actually had two shaves with two different injectors, both with CVS Injector blades (probably Personna). The razor does drag quite a bit; its bar is ribbed to catch skin and pull it taut, so it isn't going to be as fluid as a smooth safety bar or even a comb bar.

I have both an E3 (the old style "big head" version) and a J1 (round ribbed white handle, 1950s/60s style "small head" version). The shape of the actual shaving head looks identical to me, but I find the later version to be far more comfortable to use. First off, the older head is not just brass but unlacquered brass, which irritates my skin to no end and with long contact will eventually cause it to break out and ooze. (I cannot carry keys in my pocket for this reason, nor can I wear brass-frame eyeglasses.) My personal opinion is that the later versions of the Injector are among the few instances where a design change actually improved the product.

All that being said, either I have yet to master the learning curve with shaving with one of these, or I am just more familiar with a DE, because the shave I am getting with the Injector is not nearly so clean as that of a DE. I would think they should at least be fairly equal.

Time will tell, and I love experimenting :wink:
Best, Michael