DOVO Shavette (SS) Review

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
stuff495

Post by stuff495 »

I've tried a Filarmonica twice. The first time I liked it more then the Shavette, but the second time I liked it less. I attribute the first time to the fact that I was getting better with disposable type straight razors. The handle has some good points, like it's length letting me "choke up" on the blade, by grabbing the handle nearer the sharp part. But I find it to be uncomfortable overall, because the handle has a ridge on the bottom, from the part of the razor that holds the blade.

I think the razor is well worth $5, and gives a glimpse of straight razor shaving. You can find the same razor for less $$$, under many different brand names.

The cheap disposable-blade straight razor that I recommend the most is the Hess #1010 EZY Shave Razor which takes rigid hair-shaper blades, and more readily available injector blades (which are also more ridged then a DE).

--Vincent
thpalex

Re: DOVO Shavette (SS) Review

Post by thpalex »

Thanks for the review, I will read once more before buying!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Welcome to SMF thpalex. If you get a shavette, please remember to drop back by and post about it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, thpalex!

- Murray