Cheap T&H stuff!!!

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
aybond

Cheap T&H stuff!!!

Post by aybond »

Hey there.
I stumbled across the Ashford.com site and found that they are selling T&H products rather cheap. The 1805 collection comes with a 5.8 oz. tub of cream, and a 3.8 oz. jar of balm for $35 for both! I think the balm alone costs that much to get it from T&H. I didn't research the shipping so who knows how much that is.
Thought you guys might like to know.
Here's the link:

http://www.ashford.com/product/index.as ... dimoSearch

If anyone knows of a cheaper place, please let me know!

Allen
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

That's a pretty good deal!
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

If you follow this link you will get an additional 10% off on T&H. Offer expires 5/23/2005.

http://www.ashford.com/family/index.asp ... l&x=9&y=10
sean mac

Post by sean mac »

I have not used the balm before. Is it good stuff? Is it similar to skin food, with the addition of the 1805 scent?
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Do you guys have any idea what size brush this set will hold? It looks really nice! I also wonder wether it will hold a Merkur Progress?

http://www.ashford.com/product/index.as ... dimoSearch
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sean, The T&H aftershave balms are very good quality products, IMO. They are, however true 'balms', i.e. creamy lotions, considerably thicker then Skin Food. They are not sealants, but rather soothers and moisturizers. Personally, I prefer the 'Classic', which has very little scent ( and is less expensive ) but the formulas otherwise are similiar. The cologne scent in the 1805 balm might be a little irritating to a few guys, but others would have no problem with it. Have you used more heavily scented aftershave products in the past? One never knows for sure, until one tries the product. There used to be this gent named Jack, on the other forum. He always said what sensitive skin he had, couldn't use stiffer bristled shave brushes even. But he happily used T&H Lime Aftershave Balm with no problem, so you never know. Regards, Gordon
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

yes, i tried that 1805 balm and the scent was as i recall oceanic-like. pleasant, but nothing i really liked. the balm was as gordon described, creamier, and mine was to the more liquidy side of creamy. to me, it was no better than baxters moisturizer as far as the effect of it, but it was more expensive

sam
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Just wanted to share with you guys that they are selling colognes now. Just picked up two bottles for $106 shipped. Its almost $140 from T&H direct. The selection is limited though.
din

Post by din »

they have free second day shipping on orders over US$99 for father's day, and it's US$5.95 for everything under that. didn't see how long that's good for, though.