Snail/E-mail addresses to request soaps/creams/aftershaves

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Andy,

Have you been on a trip to Mars or something the last year :shock:
Peter
Rob

Post by Rob »

Gweezemeister wrote:I may have missed something as I didn't go through that list in any exhaustive way but what DE razor is pictured here?

It looks quite beautiful and certainly caught my attention.
Andy
It's a Wilkinson Sword Sticky razor.
Gweezemeister

Post by Gweezemeister »

Thanks Rob. Your response was truly quick and much appreciated.

You too Doc -- you were pretty quick with your comment too.

Regards,
Andy
Rob

Post by Rob »

Added 23 companies.
Crag

Post by Crag »

Great list, but I have a question....

How exactly should I word my letter requesting samples? I guess what I'm asking for is a "sample" sample letter.... :D

Thank you,

Matt
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

First, Rob, that's an amazing list. Well done! Would it be useful to indicate whether a given company refuses to send out samples, or whether they charge for them?

And Matt, I usually just write a few lines saying that I have heard positive things about their products and I am writing to see if they would be so kind as to send me a sample so I can see whether or not it agrees with my skin. (Some things don't, and the only sure way to find out is The Hard Way.)

In the past I have asked for specific things, and usually gotten them -- but I am always polite, to the point, not greedy, and grateful. Don't forget to include your mailing address! And a little sucking up doesn't hurt, either. :7)

It couldn't hurt to follow up your request with a review on the site, too -- regardless of whether it's a small vendor (like Em's Place) or a Big T, they deserve something in return for the expense & effort.

- Will
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks, Will. It was a lot of work and it is by no means finished. I have more than 100 other companies I need to research and post. I just need the time to do it! ;)

Sure, I can add to an entry whether they charge for samples or not. Off hand I only know of Geo F Trumper that charges for samples. I'll update them now. Some of the companies I wrote to refuse to send samples, but if they have a brick & mortar store they always say to get samples there.

I, too, ask for specific products when writing companies. Usually they fulfill my request or even add more. I've had good luck thus far.
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Crag wrote:Great list, but I have a question....

How exactly should I word my letter requesting samples? I guess what I'm asking for is a "sample" sample letter.... :D

Thank you,

Matt
Pretty much what Will said. When I request samples I just say that I've heard great things about them blah blah blah. Then I ask for specific items and offer to pay the postage. Back when I requested samples from GFT they were not charging postage for them.
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
Rob

Post by Rob »

Added 10 companies.
Tryphon

Post by Tryphon »

Rob_TN wrote:Added 15 companies.
Also:
Barbieria Italiana

at

http://www.razorandbrush.com/indexbarbieria.html
philip_libra

Post by philip_libra »

As a supplier of Truefitt & Hill products in Australia I provide free samples of cologne and shaving creams with every purchase.

Simplicity Direct, Sydney, NSW Australia

www.truefittandhill.com.au or www.simplicitydirect.com.au

Ship worldwide. Also see the T & H Super Sale post in the Shopping Forum. I welcome any enquiries on prices and shipping and aim to be competative for anyone making online purchases.

Message me, or email direct to info@simplicitydirect.com.au

Thanks,
Philip
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

Thanks Rob! I truly appreciate the opportunity to experience all of these wonderful products at little or no cost. The sheer logistics of the project are almost mind boggling. Thank you for this great resource. =D>
NiksaNovovic

Post by NiksaNovovic »

As of this day I have received two sample packs, one form Floris of London which was completely free of charge might I add, as well as one from Geo. F. Trumper's that cost me a mere $6 for shipping. Sadly I haven't had an opportunity to use any of them but I will post my impressions as soon as I do! :D Thanks again Rob for a great resource!

Warmest regards, Niksa
soapbuddy

Post by soapbuddy »

Thank you for adding me to your list. :)

Irena
Irena
Handmade Soap Artisan
http:www.gingersgarden.com
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Hey Rob. I just want to say thanks again for you constant maintance of this list. I have seen quite a few posts with noobs that have great sample kits they probably got from your addresses.
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
DoughDave

Post by DoughDave »

As someone who is using regular Gillette razors and cream, I'm really excited to try new and better creams. Gonna write a few emails today.
Thanks.
soapbuddy

Post by soapbuddy »

I provide free samples with purchase as well.

Irena
Irena
Handmade Soap Artisan
http:www.gingersgarden.com
DoughDave

Post by DoughDave »

I just got samples from Floris today.
They sent me
4 cologne samples (No85, Santal, Elite & Vetiver)
3 shaving creams (JF, Elite, Santal)
3 aftershave balms (JF, Elite, Santal)
1 Skin Balm
1 Body Wash
1 Catalog

The creams, aftershaves and colognes smell awesome, but I didnt like the body wash or skin balm at all.

I may have to buy that Santal or No85 when I get the money.

Very cool company to send me all that stuff.

Also got stuff from Ems Place and Jack Black. The Jack Black stuff (at least the lotion) smells really good.
DoughDave

Post by DoughDave »

T&H sent me stuff as well. Shaving stuff and 7 different colognes, my favs being the freshman and 1805. Man these samples gonna make me spend all my money on nice colognes and creams lol
rdb4198

Post by rdb4198 »

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the amazing list! It's already provided me with a ton of stuff from T&H. However, I got this email when I arrived to work this morning from Taylors:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Although we have provided some samples in the past, these were individually made by hand, as we do not hold sample-size stocks of our products.

We regret that due to excessive demand for samples, and the time consuming nature of this process, we unfortunately at the present time can no longer provide samples.

Kindest Regards,
Barry Klein

Taylor of Old Bond Street

www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk

Just figiured I'd let you know so maybe this can be reflected in your list. But again, thanks a ton for the list!
Rob