Mergress Merkur Progress Upgrade and Complete Razors

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
tbdbg

Post by tbdbg »

Hello mer, you have post. Tbdbg
Mer

Post by Mer »

Hi,

The overall length of the complete razor is 3-3/4". The handle itself is a little over 3-1/2".

Thanks,

Eric
Dan E boy wrote:What's the length of the handle on the Tech? The main reason I don't use mine anymore is that I've found that I do much better with longer handled razors. Might have to reconsider..
Mer

A Fresh Batch On The Way!

Post by Mer »

A fresh batch.

Last edited by Mer on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mer

Post by Mer »

Any interest in the extended knob models?

Thanks,

Eric
Last edited by Mer on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mer

A little bit of everything.....

Post by Mer »

Here's a special order for a customer.

He wanted the first 5/8" of the knob to be the same diameter as the number ring and then a standard knob after that. Blue crystals in the flutes with green, yellow, orange and red dots in the ring. A black dot in the handle finishes it off.

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

How much for the above modification? I like the extra length. My previous Progress busted, so Merkur sent me a new one- except it doesn't go below '2' :? .
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

ChrisW wrote:How much for the above modification? I like the extra length. My previous Progress busted, so Merkur sent me a new one- except it doesn't go below '2' :? .
the progress pictured above is mine. i can say that "mer" did a wonderful job in a very speedy fashion. i wanted a longer progress but not all the bulk of a 1&1/4" knob so i suggested this style. i couldn't be more pleased! that extra length made all the difference in the world and the balance of the razor was not affected at all.
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
Mer

Post by Mer »

Hi All,

The longer knob Mergress is now available.

Same price as the standard model.

Thanks,

Eric
Last edited by Mer on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mer

Post by Mer »

Lee's is out of stock again for the moment. There is another shipment from Merkur due in next week so we'll be replenished as soon as possible.

Thanks Everyone!

Eric

In the mean time, here's a special order I just finished up for a customer.

Roll them bones!

Mer

Post by Mer »

Hello All,

Finally got one of the new long handle Progresses to mess around with. The overall length with the standard knob is right around 4-3/16". The standard model is around 3-1/2".

As always thanks everyone for your support.

Mer

Mer

Post by Mer »

Out of stock temporarily but I'll have more made up shortly.
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Re: A little bit of everything.....

Post by Racso_MS »

Mer wrote:Here's a special order for a customer.

He wanted the first 5/8" of the knob to be the same diameter as the number ring and then a standard knob after that. Blue crystals in the flutes with green, yellow, orange and red dots in the ring. A black dot in the handle finishes it off.

Let me know "As Soon As Possible" when they (4 3/16" models) are available. I sent you a PM as a backup reminder. I'm definetly going to buy one for me and maybe one for the son-in-law.

The one you modified for me some time igo is one of my favorite razors. I equate this to an adjustable Barber Pole and can't wait to try it.

Please send me a PM when they are available so I can get my order in ASAP.

Thanks...

Oscar...
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
Mer

Post by Mer »

Hi Everyone,

A limited supply of Original Mergress Standard Knob and Mergress Long Knob will be back in stock by the end of the week.

You will also notice a pleasant surprise.

As always, thank you for your continued support.

Remember that I can also convert your existing Progress razor to a Mergress.

Take Care All,

Eric

Last edited by Mer on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mer

Post by Mer »

The Mergress is back in stock and with lower prices!

This combined with the current Free Shipping offer makes it the perfect time to buy.

Thanks Everyone,

Mer
Mer

Post by Mer »

Hi All,

The first post has been updated with new info all around.

Thanks Everyone,

Mer
Mer

Post by Mer »

Hello ShaveMyFace,

The Mergress conversions will only be available from myself directly from now on. I feel more comfortable knowing that you as the buyer are happy with the Progress itself before having it converted into a "Mergress". I've updated the first post in this thread with the basic info. I am able to correct Merkur's problems of the Progress being too aggressive and having an uneven blade gap but those need to be identified before the razor is sent to me.

Hopefully everyone will understand my position on this and realize that I want to make sure your Mergress is exactly what you expect it to be.

Thanks everyone for your support and let me know if you have any more questions.

Eric
brotherderekb

Post by brotherderekb »

Where do I send my Progress for the tune up Eric?
Mer

Post by Mer »

Hello All!

Wow, I didn't realize it had been since last September that I posted in this thread!

Way too long.

Very soon these will also be available again at LeesRazors.com. I've been able to consistently make adjustments to the Progress that bring them up to the quality they deserve.

Of course I can still upgrade your existing Progress too.

International shipments......

The beginning of the year I had some packages go missing. I had been using the USPS Small Flat Rate box for my international shipments. Unfortunately no tracking is available for these. From now on I'll be using First Class Registered Mail shipping. This is the USPS' most secure method and I just feel safer with it.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks everyone for your continued support!

Eric
Final_Form

Still There?

Post by Final_Form »

Does anyone know if Mer still does this? I have sent him a message, but its been a few days, and the last post was a while ago. I am starting to wonder if he gave up on his art.......
Final Form
Mer

Re: Still There?

Post by Mer »

Final_Form wrote:Does anyone know if Mer still does this? I have sent him a message, but its been a few days, and the last post was a while ago. I am starting to wonder if he gave up on his art.......
Hi Final_Form,

I received your PM notification on Friday night at 11:08 and replied to the email address you gave me in the PM (gmail account) at 6:30 the next morning. Check that account and let me know if you need me to resend it.

Thanks,

Eric