Welcome Stan from Pacific Shaving!

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Lionhoo

Post by Lionhoo »

Wonderful!!!! Been using PSO for about a month now and love how it helps my daily shaves!

Welcome Stan!

And Joel, congrats on this being your 800th post!

-Marshall
In War: Resolution
In Defeat: Defiance
In Victory: Magnanimity
In Peace: Good Will
-W.S. Churchill

"Causa latet, vis est notissima!" -- Ovid
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Stan
Welcome to the group, and congrats on the success of your shave oil. It is truly some good stuff. I bought mine at Truefitt & Hill, after their barber used it on me before lather for a shave (a present from my girlfriend-she is AWESOME!)
anyway welcome, and thanks for making a good product
John P
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

Stan,

OK, here is a question for you. I have tried several shaving oils; Total Shaving Solution and Ultimate Shave seem to be the same product being marketed using different brand names. King of Shaves is a similar but different product offering several formula variations including a high end Kinexium formula.

What is makes Pacific Shaving Oil different from the products listed above?

(Here's your chance to give your product a comparison and plug!)

Thanks,
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

PacificShaving
Owner of Pacific Shaving

Post by PacificShaving »

Hi gentleman.

Thanks for the invitation to join the forum and I'm genuinely glad to hear how much you all are enjoying our product. We spent a long time developing our product so that it would have the perfect balance between efficacy, viscocity and scent, (of course, while keeping our ingredients to all natural, essential oils. It is rewarding to see people having so much success with it.

In terms of comparisons, there really are many excellent shaving oils out there. I don't want to abuse this opportunity, nor is it my intention, to knock a competitor's product or shamelessly promote our own brand.

TSS, KOS, etc are all excellent shaving oils, each offering something to different shavers.

That said, one of the differentiators we kept in mind when developing our product was ensuring a lack of menthol. While there is just a trace of menthol in our product (mostly for stability purpose), we feel that shavers should be able feel their skin when shaving. While the tingle may feel good for some, our position remains that numb skin is not an attribute one should look for when choosing a shaving lubricant.

OK, on a completely separate note, I must admit that I am pretty much a regular guy when it comes to shaving. I don't hate the process, but I pretty much look at it as a daily ritual, one that I'd like to at least be enjoyable. I use a Merkur short handle blade (I just like the weight of it).

I just came back from a trip to Las Vegas and was fortunate enough to get a hot lather shave at the Trufitt & Hill shop in Caesar's Palace. (In an effort to maintain full disclosure, T&H carries our shaving oil, and invited me in for the complimentarry grooming while I was in town.) The barber used plenty of our shaving oil, and then used their 1805 lavender lather.

I have to say, it was a pretty decadent experience, and for sure, the closest shave I have ever had. One day later, my neck is showing a slight bit of "nacne" (my affectionate term for "neck-acne", the razor rash I sometimes get around my neck). I am assuming this is from the multiple passes he took on his s-n swipes to my neck. That aside, it really was a nice shave, and a great "manly" experience.
Pacific Shaving Company - Saving skin worldwide from painful nicks and cuts.
Classyjack

Post by Classyjack »

Welcome, Stan, and congratulations on a great product which is now part of my daily regimen. Your company is also a pleasure to deal with in terms of easy ordering and timely shipping. Keep up the great work! Best, John.