Where do you buy your Schick blades from?

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Johnnie
Shave This

Where do you buy your Schick blades from?

Post by Johnnie »

I have gone to all my local drug stores and I cant find any schick de's. Walmart, walgreens, cvs, riteaid, savon. i even went to a few differnt supermarkets.

Does anyone know of a good place online?

Where can i get them? Any suggestions?

thanks
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
growler

Post by growler »

Try looking in old mom-and-pop non-chain drugstores. They often cater to an old-school clientele, and might carry blades for crotchety old men.
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Thats what ive been thinking too but i cant find any mom & pop drug stores. I will just have to keep looking.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

well i give up. i have went to every store i can think of withing 7 miles of my house. all the major super markets, drug stores, small drug stores. i guess i will just have to order online. :(
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

Johnnie wrote:well i give up. i have went to every store i can think of withing 7 miles of my house. all the major super markets, drug stores, small drug stores. i guess i will just have to order online. :(
From a thread at the old Wetshavers:
Call 1-800-269-6181. Schick Injector blades 15 for $9.99. +S&H
Hope that helps.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

thanks ron. calling right now.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
guenron

BR549, Ask for Bubba

Post by guenron »

Johnnie wrote:thanks ron. calling right now.
Avec plaisir!
Regards,
Ron

Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I called the number you gave me ron and its the same number that schick refers you to when you call. i may have to order them through nationwidecampus.com.

todd,

ive used the merkur and for some reason they just did not work for me. they left me with razor burn. im sure my technique is not the greatest yet. ive also use the personna which are very easy to find in stores. the schick for some reason seems to work very well for me. i seem to get really good shaves with them without razor burn.

one thing that i noticed with schick blades vs others. schicks are thicker. i noticed that merkurs and personnas are much thinner. have you noticed that with the schicks that you have? i would like to take you up on your offer sop i can try them out. if you'd like we can trade something. i just bought some merkurs the other day which i can buy in one of the local cutlery stores. if you want to trade for what i have left and ive only used one. im not sure if you use aloe80 but i can get that really easy also. thanks.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
guenron

Post by guenron »

Johnnie wrote:I called the number you gave me ron and its the same number that schick refers you to when you call. i may have to order them through nationwidecampus.com.
...SNIP...
Sorry, I remembered reading that thread and thought it was worth a shot. :(
Regards,
Ron

nteeman

Post by nteeman »

You might want to try Wilkinson blades. They are the same company as Shick and the blades may be the same or very similar. I find them at many stores and are usually $1 for a pack of 5.

Personally I prefer the Merkur blades overall but I keep some Wilkinsons around in case an order takes too long to arrive and I need to shave. I find Wilkinson blades a little more forgiving and I can press harder and shave more aggressively without doing damage.

I also have some Feather DE blades but only use them when I want to prove that I can still bleed. :wink:
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

guenron

Post by guenron »

nteeman wrote:You might want to try Wilkinson blades. They are the same company as Shick and the blades may be the same or very similar. I find them at many stores and are usually $1 for a pack of 5.

Personally I prefer the Merkur blades overall but I keep some Wilkinsons around in case an order takes too long to arrive and I need to shave. I find Wilkinson blades a little more forgiving and I can press harder and shave more aggressively without doing damage.

I also have some Feather DE blades but only use them when I want to prove that I can still bleed. :wink:
ROTFLMAO :D
Want to sell those?
Regards,
Ron

Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

no apology necessary ron. i was looking for a reputable site where i can buy them and being that schick recommends them, thats a good thing. im glad you gave me that number.

i cant even find wilkinson blades either. im willing to give those a shot.

j
Johnnie
Keep it Wet