Floris Summer Sale

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Clark, my wife uses Fleur. Very nice feminine scent. The soaps smell nice on my wife.
Barry

Post by Barry »

bernards66 wrote:Your welcome, Sam. Have I ever steered you wrong with this sort of stuff? I don't give the Rose Geranium soap to anyone! It's mine, ALL MINE!! ( my wife gets to use it, though ). Wait til you lather it up in the shower. Regards, Gordon
I am glad to read another good review of this soap. I ordered several boxes and I am looking forward to getting it in.

Barry
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

thanks gordon. seems everything is ganging up on me at the moment as far as money. daughter needed brakes so that was $350. then stuff for the dorm, and a tv for her and one for our kitchen, now my brakes, her wisdom teeth, and then first semesters dorm and food plan (she won scholarships to pay her tuition), easily i will top $10,000 this summer. seems the more u make, the more you spend. guess the reaction is to pamper myself, but no facials yet!!! anyway, that floris rose geranium is fragrant, boy. put it in the guest bathroom and it smells up the kitchen something nice. maybe too nice for the guests?

ron: i have a thread on off topics where i ordered a vintage omega and posted a link to the pic

sam.
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

What happened to the free shipping over $100? It was on during the last sale but when I tried to place my order It tried to charge me $17 for it.

On a side note, and slightly OT, does anyone have any experience with the ladies scents? I need to get a couple colognes for female family members and there is nowhere around here to sample them.
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

Clark - If you have a Needless Markup (Neimann Marcus) around you they may have some Floris stuff. At least the ones in Dallas do.
Justin
Texas
ARenaissanceMan

jdtx3302 wrote:Clark - If you have a Needless Markup (Neimann Marcus) around you they may have some Floris stuff. At least the ones in Dallas do.
Thanks JT but nothing within about 50 miles. I'm willing to take a chance on them, just trying to find out if anyone has any knowledge before I jump in blind.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Clark, my wife uses Fleur, Florissa and Seringa. All these scents smell wonderful on my wife. Some of the Floris scents are really formulated for ladies over 30. Be careful with what you buy.
ARenaissanceMan

Austin wrote:Clark, my wife uses Fleur, Florissa and Seringa. All these scents smell wonderful on my wife. Some of the Floris scents are really formulated for ladies over 30. Be careful with what you buy.
Thanks for the help Austin. I'm buying them for my mom and aunt so I should be good. Any experience with the China or White rose scents?
ARenaissanceMan

Well I just got off the phone with them and they aren't offering the free shipping any longer. Crap :x

I went ahead and picked up 6 bottles and 2 rose geranium soaps (damn you Gordon :D). Thanks for the advice guys.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

clarkkent333 wrote:
Austin wrote:Clark, my wife uses Fleur, Florissa and Seringa. All these scents smell wonderful on my wife. Some of the Floris scents are really formulated for ladies over 30. Be careful with what you buy.
Thanks for the help Austin. I'm buying them for my mom and aunt so I should be good. Any experience with the China or White rose scents?
My wife does not really care for any rose type scents. Personally, I like them. I have bought my mother one of the rose scents and she really liked it. She wears it when she goes to church.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clark, IMO, Floris made the very finest rose scents for ladies that there were, my wife wore them daily for a number of years. Red Rose, and Moss Rose. She was quite heart broken when they stopped offering either of them, and I wasn't that happy either. China Rose isn't even in the same league, as far as either one of us are concerned. It's a way too moderne, almost vaguely syntheticy scent, that remindes me a little of the style of some of the Creed products. White Rose is somewhat better, although it's not the original formula. It's pretty 'lush' though, and fairly intense, kind of a mixed floral really. Of what's currently available from Floris, for your mom, I'd go with either Edwardian Bouquet ( a richer scent ), or the Lavender water or Seringa ( lighter scents ). Hope this helps. Regards, Gordon
ARenaissanceMan

bernards66 wrote:Clark, IMO, Floris made the very finest rose scents for ladies that there were, my wife wore them daily for a number of years. Red Rose, and Moss Rose. She was quite heart broken when they stopped offering either of them, and I wasn't that happy either. China Rose isn't even in the same league, as far as either one of us are concerned. It's a way too moderne, almost vaguely syntheticy scent, that remindes me a little of the style of some of the Creed products. White Rose is somewhat better, although it's not the original formula. It's pretty 'lush' though, and fairly intense, kind of a mixed floral really. Of what's currently available from Floris, for your mom, I'd go with either Edwardian Bouquet ( a richer scent ), or the Lavender water or Seringa ( lighter scents ). Hope this helps. Regards, Gordon
Thanks for the advice Gordon. I pretty much picked up 1 of every 1.7oz sized bottle. If they don't like them I suppose I can trade them on here or basenotes. Somebody's always shopping for the significant other.