Floris Summer Sale

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Hey! Hey!

Post by guenron »

Am I the only one who hasn't received their Santal yet?
My wife left me for the supermarket over the size of the order!!!! ARGH!!!! :x
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

ron: that is why i ordered some rose soaps for the wife (which of course i hope she hates so i can have them)

sam
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Andy,

Yes, 8 spritzes. One spritz is just a casual one time whiff for me. Must be skin types as is the norm for cologne applications. I guess that means I will get through my bottle of Santal sooner and buy my Eau de Santal Extreme :) .

I also need 8 spritzes of T&H Spanish Leather.

Ron, do not fret. I ordered a bottle of Malamaison Carnation on 25 June (Saturday). Still waiting, too. Maybe today :) .

Cheers,
Richard
Will Hit 100 here in Dallas
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Ron,

Damn those box boys! But now you will have more room for your "stuff"!

Oh, I haven't received mine, either.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

hey, i ordered a watch from a guy in hong kong and paid via paypal on june 20th. hope it is here today

sam
guenron

Post by guenron »

tngentleman1 wrote:hey, i ordered a watch from a guy in hong kong and paid via paypal on june 20th. hope it is here today

sam
Hey Sam!
What is this? Everyone's ganging up on me! :?
Regards,
Ron

Chris73

Post by Chris73 »

I ordered over the weekend and thought my package would be here today. I live only 25 miles outside Manhattan....Too bad the vetiver edT wasn't on sale.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, There, there, we're not a bad influence ( despite what Squire said onetime )....no, we're your FRIENDS. See what a better, more satisfying shave you're getting these days? And what you've spent? A mere pittance for a successful attorney, such as yourself! We're your friends, I say, and now you'll be getting those lovely Floris soaps, surely you're deserving of those? And yes!...maybe you can filch the rose ones too!...that would be nice. Ahem....sorry....my darker side.....well....anyway...they are awfully nice soaps, and at 1/2 price, not too bad. Santal? Personally, I don't care for it, but you might. I would go easy with it at first, I think that it's fairly strong. Seriously, buying quality toilettries is not going to deprive your daughters of college, or put you into a pit of debt. There's just not that much money involved. If there were, I couldn't have the large collection that I do. Regards, Gordon
guenron

A Tale of Three Fragrances.

Post by guenron »

So there I am, box on the doorstep from Floris of London! Oh 'appy day shouts me to I! Oh 'appy day!
Well I opens the box and what do we 'ave 'ere? Nope not a miniature sleigh, nor eight tiny reindeer!
One Elite cologne.. Sniff, sniff... Definitely upper crust!
One JF Cologne. Sniff, sniff... Definitely classy!
One JF Aftershave Baum. Pumpa, pump.. Rubba, rub, rub. Definitely efficacious.
One Santal Cologne. Sniff, sniff.. Hmmm. A bit youthful but nice.
One Santal underarm deodorant.. Sniff, sniff.. Hmmm. Very good match.
One Santal After Shave Baum... Err... One Santal After Shave Baum...Eh, where is that Santal After Shave Baum??? Dial, dial, dial...
1-800-5Floris... Our hours are other than those you chose to call...If you wish to talk to TIna....BLAH BLAH BLAH.... So much for Santal in the morning... ARGHHHH! :evil:
Regards,
Ron

bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ron, Simply shocking! I guess that you'll just have to bravely soldier on with the JF balm and cologne. Poor chap. Gordon
JoeDizzy

Post by JoeDizzy »

Ron, with all the matching cologne, soap and after shave / balm sets that you have, a "shave den" wouldn't do. Surely you have a seperate cottage or warehouse :shock: close by, so that you can properly store and display these gems. Sounds like you have a pretty impressive collection indeed.
Joey
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Joey,

Well said! I believe Ron actually does have a modest shaving cottage in the country. It is modeled after a famous perfumery in Scotland. Alas, the rest of us will just have to do with dens.

Cheers,

Richard
Texas
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

Gordon,

Does their Vetiver go by another name? I did not notice it in their offering.

John
John V
"What one relishes, nourishes"

Benjamin Franklin
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello John,

It is called Floris Vetiver. Unfortunately, it is not on in the sale :(. Still $65. It is on my buy list as well:

http://www.florislondon.com/FlorisSite/ ... %5FVetiver

If you are interested in a vetiver check out the R&G Vetyver I have up in Selling and Trading. I just prefer the scent of the Floris vetiver.

Cheers,
Richard
Texas
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Richard,

I noticed you have published a photo of Ron's shaving cottage. It was my understanding that that one is just for the A/S Balms, the one's that start with a "T".

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
guenron

Go ahead, pick on the ....

Post by guenron »

AH! Instant gratification......
A call to Tammi and my Santal is on its way along with a little, thoughtful enclosure....
Also bought some MORE goodies! Argh, the humanity of it alll... ](*,)
Regards,
Ron

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

got my goodies today and posted my initial thoughts on santal in the cologne section.

wow, i was not expecting rose geranium to smell like it did with the soap. funny thing was, i gave a box to my daughter and a box to my wife. was hoping they both would not want them. i was right with my daughter, but wife surprised me. she put one soap in the guest bathroom and wow, it smells up the kitchen. she kept her box and gave me the other two from my daughter's and said i might like them as much as she likes it. and i thought she was smitten by claus porto

sam
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Your welcome, Sam. Have I ever steered you wrong with this sort of stuff? I don't give the Rose Geranium soap to anyone! It's mine, ALL MINE!! ( my wife gets to use it, though ). Wait til you lather it up in the shower. Regards, Gordon
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Gordon - Any of the other scents make good soaps? They also carry China Rose and Fleur.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clark, I assume that all the Floris soaps are the same, varying in scent only. I also have some of their Lavender soap, and I suspect that the Edwardian Bouquet scent would work fine for gents, in the bath soap. Fleur and China Rose are of course not only very recent scents, but are decidedly for the ladies. Rose Geranium is special though. It's a Floris classic, and I can't think of any other top firm that still offers one, other then them. Regards, Gordon