Shopping in London

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
BillNJ

Shopping in London

Post by BillNJ »

I am working at our London office this week, so I am having fun visiting my standard places while here. It has been a few years since my last visit. Unfortunately(?), I had stocked up on a lot of things in New York over the past few months, so I am not in the market for much--but it is impossible to avoid buying completely. It is also a challenge to fit in shopping with a regular workday, but I am trying. I have gotten to Taylor, D.R. Harris, Truefitt, and Trumper so far--I have about 3 more days to fit the others in.

Bill
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bill, Lucky devil! First you live right down I98 from NYC, and now you get to go to London to boot! It's not fair!....ahem....pardon....if you see anything especially interesting or unusual while you're there, do let us know ( I'd love to know what little odds and ends places like Floris and Harris's have in their shops, that aren't on web sites or in catalogues ). Regards, Gordon
BillNJ

Post by BillNJ »

I did manage to get to most of the places on Jermyn and St. James's. We are now spending a few days in Rome. It is my first trip here (although not the first trip for my wife), so I am not as familiar with the shopping alternatives. I will have fun exploring, though.

Bill
BillNJ

Post by BillNJ »

I forgot to mention that I also did find some bargains on tea at Fortnum & Mason--Darjeeling and others at less than £1.50 for a 4.4 oz. tin. The luggage is a bit heavier for the return trip!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bill...oh Bill.....TEA did you say?...tea, from Fortnum & Mason?...at bargain prices?....a...so...ahem...you did get me at least one tin of that Tippy Assam, right?....I'm sure that you didn't overlook your old chum on SMF...shall I PM you my address?.....I LOVE F&M Assam...... Gordon
BillNJ

Post by BillNJ »

I got back a couple of days ago after a week in Rome. The big find at F&M was a couple of (mismarked?) 4.4 oz. tins of tippy Darjeeling at £1.25 in among the sale tins of broken orange pekoe Darjeeling.

Bill