San Francisco Store: David Stephen Menswear

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
p_man

San Francisco Store: David Stephen Menswear

Post by p_man »

Stopped by after work today with SWMBO. They carry T&H, Anthony Logistics and AOS.

There was T&H in tube ($13) and tub ($23) in a decent variety - 1805, Grafton, Trafalgar, Almond and Lavender in at least one size, and I think probably all in both. Didn't see rose or WI Limes and I didn't notice balms or colognes, although I didn't really look for them.

They had a lot of AOS out - creams, shave oil, alum and some tiny little bottles of brown paste that I hadn't seen before. Didn't have time to check the prices, but I'd guess they're about what you'd pay at Needless Markup.

Didn't have time to check out the Anthony Logistics at all. Has anybody used it? Is it worth my scoping it out?

There was also a bunch of razors and brushes under the counter, but they were all AOS, and all the razors were M3, no DE.

The guy there was pretty hip to T&H, although not at all to DEs or anything beyond using good soaps with an M3. Still, that's better than you find in a lot of places. I'd guess that with some cultivation they could be persuaded to add more T&H scents or maybe another English line. I liked the fact that he was talking about T&H but never mentioned AOS.

The store itself is moderate high-end menswear. Not too outre, but more fashion-oriented than a place like Brooks Brothers. I don't know about the other staff, but I'd be comfortable shopping from the guy who was there.

Yes, there's a web site. Store address is 50 Maiden Lane, the block between Grant and Kearny.

Dave C
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Dave, Anthony Logistics products are fine products. I use some of their skin care products as well as their shower gels. Check them out.
growler

Post by growler »

I have used Anthony's glycolic facial cleanser. Good, but was a bit harsh on my skin. I really like their non-alcohol toner, second only to Baxter's. Their moisturizers are good, esp. the oil-free one. Nice and light. Their eye cream is perhaps the best I've found.

Take a pass on their shaving stuff. Typical crappy cream. I was dumb and bought the pre-shave oil. It's a huge bottle, and the stuff really isn't all that good.

Oh, and you can get some feel-good points buying Anthony stuff b/c they donate some of their profits to prostate cancer research and charity groups.
p_man

Post by p_man »

Thanks for the Ant. Log. tips. I might try the toner in a couple of weeks when my current supplies (Kiehl's alcohol-free and calendula) run down.

Dave C
lint

Post by lint »

het great work p_man. Ill have to stop by this place and pickup some T&H tubs. Im in love with the 1805 blend.

todd