Proraso Now At Shoppers

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
hampsteronastick

Proraso Now At Shoppers

Post by hampsteronastick »

For the Canadians...
Shoppers Drug Mart is now carrying Proraso Cream, Soap, and Pre/Post Shave. I visited nine SDM stores today (part of my job) and five of them had Proraso. It was a little more expensive than some other places at 6.99 for the cream and soap but the Pre/Post was the same as the little Italian stores in town at 9.99. I made sure to praise the management of each of these stores for taking the leap into finer products, even though they aren't the products I represent.
Dan
Daddy, why are you dipping the hampster in whipped cream?
It's not whipped cream, it's shaving cream.
Daddy, why are you shaving the hampster?
FiReSTaRT
As straight as they come

Post by FiReSTaRT »

Dan, do you know anything about their availability in the GTA?
"The downfall of any system of government is that it is run by humans." -- Ilija Milicevic
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I haven't seen it in the GTA yet (as of two weeks ago).
Richard
hampsteronastick

I really don't know about the Toronto area. I only visit SDM and Pharma Plus in the Ottawa area. Today is the first I have seen the products so they must be on the new planogram that is still being implimented. The best bet is to look for someone in the store doing the planogram (look for a cart of boxes and a clipboard) and ask if it is on their list. I believe SDM uses four different planograms depending on the size of the store. Smaller stores may not get the good stuff. Sorry I can't give a better answer.
Dan
timc

Post by timc »

Are these the new big-box style Shoppers?
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
hampsteronastick

Are these the new big-box style Shoppers?
Nope. I haven't checked one of those yet. I only have one on my cycle and I won't get there until next week. These were the a mixture of the smaller size stores.
Dan
timc

Post by timc »

Is it in the shaving products section?
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

Proraso has been available at certain Shoppers Drug Mart in the GTA for several years now. It really depends on the area. I've seen it in both the older, smaller stores, as well as some of the newer box-style stores, always in the shaving sections.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
FiReSTaRT
As straight as they come

Post by FiReSTaRT »

Lakeshore/4th Shoppers has the "soap" the pre/after shave cream and the shaving cream in a tube. I got the first two on my way to the Dixie mall where I scored a magnetic Damascus Boker :twisted:
"The downfall of any system of government is that it is run by humans." -- Ilija Milicevic
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Hope it doesn't displace the Florena!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

GTA?

Where I live, that stands for Grant (County) Transit Authority.

I'm guessing, from my disadvantaged viewpoint as a resident of the US, that the GTA in the context of this thread is something to the effect of "Greater Toronto Area?"

- Murray
timc

Post by timc »

CMur12 wrote:GTA?

Where I live, that stands for Grant (County) Transit Authority.

I'm guessing, from my disadvantaged viewpoint as a resident of the US, that the GTA in the context of this thread is something to the effect of "Greater Toronto Area?"

- Murray
Correct. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Toronto_Area
- Tim -
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks, Tim.

That is an informative link.

- Murray
Video11

Post by Video11 »

At least some of the Shopper Drug Mart's in London Ontario are starting to carry the Proraso products. I visited several stores in my area of town (these big SDMs are popping up all over) and at one was able to find Proraso Green in a tube and in a tub as well as the pre/post shave cream and the Omega shave brushes. One other store had the brushes only.

Oh, and all of the stores I visited still had a good supply of the Florena shave cream.
Life Is Not A Rehearsal
timc

Post by timc »

I was in my local Shoppers today (buying pedialyte for my younger son :() and I checked out the shaving section. Sure enough, they had the Proraso products. I saw the shaving cream tubes, the soap tubs, pre/post cream, and the Omega brushes. I couldn't resist buying a tube of the cream at $6.99.
- Tim -
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

This is great news - I haven't checked any SDM here in East Ottawa, but will be over the course of the next few days. I have always wanted to try Proraso, but whenever I was in a place that carried product, they were always out (including a couple of Italian groceterias in Little Italy).
\:D/
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
DUQ

Post by DUQ »

I picked up a tub of Proraso soap at the St Laurent Shopping Centre SDM on Tuesday. They had soap, cream and ASB. Omega brushes also. No sign of our beloved Florena at this one :(
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

DUQ wrote:I picked up a tub of Proraso soap at the St Laurent Shopping Centre SDM on Tuesday. They had soap, cream and ASB. Omega brushes also. No sign of our beloved Florena at this one :(
Florena is available everywhere though, Zellers, Walmart, Loblaws, and most drugstores.
Richard
hampsteronastick

I picked up a tub of Proraso soap at the St Laurent Shopping Centre SDM on Tuesday. They had soap, cream and ASB. Omega brushes also. No sign of our beloved Florena at this one
Several Shoppers in town still have Florena. The best price I have found in Ottawa is at Loeb. I believe it is 3.19.
Dan
DUQ

Post by DUQ »

LOL I know you can get Florena at most places but I was stating that SDM must have moved it out to make room for the Italian Stallion :lol: Glad to see Proraso becoming more readily available.