Where to buy wet shaving products

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
jbc

Where to buy wet shaving products

Post by jbc »

I think that it would be huge benefit to all on these forums if members took a moment of their time to list what stores in their respective areas sell wet shaving products. This information could be put together in a sticky for reference for those that are new to the wet shaving phenomena. That said, I will start with the info that I have put together over the previous six months for the Washington, DC Metro Area. DC has:

CVS – all CVS stores have the basics

Knife Center
5111 Berwyn Rd ste 110
College Park, MD 301-486-0901

Electric Shaver Shops
5807 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church VA 800-233-4429

Crabtree and Evelyn – All stores

Rodman’s
5100 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 202-363-3466
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I'm going to move this to "Shopping", since there are a lot of lists there like this.
letterk
Vendor

Post by letterk »

This has been done many times. No offense to SMF, but B&B has a particularly good and lengthy list.
John

WestCoastShaving.com - The Original DE Blade Sampler Packs, Shavemac, Proraso, Merkur, Valobra, Pre de Provence and more!
jbc

Post by jbc »

B&B? Don't know that site. I have no qualms about getting hte info there. Have no qualms with what pauldog did either.
JBC
Nuts about wet shaving
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

jbc wrote:B&B? Don't know that site. I have no qualms about getting hte info there. Have no qualms with what pauldog did either.
www.badgerandblade.com

~Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
BklynBoy

Post by BklynBoy »

JBC, thanks for the information. I was not aware of a number of the sources you cited. The only places I was aware of in the DC area that carried wet shaving supplies were Nordstroms (T&H products and some others) and the Grooming Lounge in Tysons. Also, the German Gourmet in Falls Church carries Speick and I think Tabac products (not to mention great sausage:-)

What type of shaving products does Rodman's carry?
Gary
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

jbc wrote:B&B? Don't know that site. I have no qualms about getting hte info there. Have no qualms with what pauldog did either.
You were a member there before you joined SMF. :roll:
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Dang Andrew, beat me to it!
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Austin wrote:
You were a member there before you joined SMF. :roll:
I would not have known that, as I am loyal to SMF here and not a member to any other shaving forum. 8)
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
mensgroomteam

Try Us the MensgRoom Store

Post by mensgroomteam »

We have been trading for approx 3 years in the UK and ship worldwide we have customers in the USA who purchase our skincare products on a regular basis so it would be good to see more of you take your interest to our store eventually.

you can visit us at www.mensgroom.co.uk

Best wishes
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Re: Try Us the MensgRoom Store

Post by english_barber »

mensgroomteam wrote:We have been trading for approx 3 years in the UK and ship worldwide we have customers in the USA who purchase our skincare products on a regular basis so it would be good to see more of you take your interest to our store eventually.

you can visit us at www.mensgroom.co.uk

Best wishes
You missed this bit out...

"Although at $2.02 to 1GBP it has never been so difficult!"

Regards, Robert

Barbering since 1983, retailing since 1992 and online since 1999.
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

If I am going to buy from "across the pond", Robert will get my business. Comparing the two sites, one actually offers products that I would buy!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
philip_libra

Post by philip_libra »

To Randy and any other US or UK members wishing to buy Truefitt and Hill shaving and skin care products. Forget the $2.00 exchange rate to the Pound and look across the bigger Pacific pond to Australia.

See the T & H Super Sale in the Selling Forum. Prices even cheaper than the US for now!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

philip_libra wrote:To Randy and any other US or UK members wishing to buy Truefitt and Hill shaving and skin care products. Forget the $2.00 exchange rate to the Pound and look across the bigger Pacific pond to Australia.

See the T & H Super Sale in the Selling Forum. Prices even cheaper than the US for now!
The shipping rates must be out of this world though?
Richard
philip_libra

Post by philip_libra »

Richard, the minimum rate for posting a tube or pot of shaving cream to the US is around US$11.50 (at current exchange rates) which I believe is perhaps $3.00 or so above the typical US shipping cost. The next rate up the scale is approx US$16.00

Buying two or more creams or pots with the dicounts offered more than offset this, and saves a further few dollars. The higher priced items come out with even better results.

Happy to provide an estimate to anyone interested.

Philip