NACET Stainless Razor Blades - US customers only

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
suffolksupplies
Vendor

NACET Stainless Razor Blades - US customers only

Post by suffolksupplies »

Best regards,

Paul

Quality shaving products & toiletries from Connaught Shaving http://connaughtshaving.com
jramire2

Post by jramire2 »

Have never heard of these, has anyone tried them?

~Joshua

They're a bit steep compared to Feathers/Derbys, but they're made in a Gillette plant in Europe. If they're the same as EG's I'd be all over this.

~Joshua
timc

Post by timc »

jramire2 wrote:Have never heard of these, has anyone tried them?

~Joshua

They're a bit steep compared to Feathers/Derbys, but they're made in a Gillette plant in Europe. If they're the same as EG's I'd be all over this.

~Joshua
They don't look like the same blades at all (you are talking about the "Swedish" Gillettes, right?). For one thing, they're made in the Czech Republic. They also don't say anything about platinum, which I believe is one of the things that makes those Gillette blades so good.
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Wow, expensive. More than twice the price of the proven Israeli Personna blades.
Richard
jramire2

Post by jramire2 »

timc wrote:
They don't look like the same blades at all (you are talking about the "Swedish" Gillettes, right?). For one thing, they're made in the Czech Republic. They also don't say anything about platinum, which I believe is one of the things that makes those Gillette blades so good.
You're right on all counts, but the link says they're made by "Gillette Czech S.R.O." whatever that is. So, I assumed the best in that since they were made in what appears to be a Gillette plant IN Europe (granted not in Sweden like the great Swedish Gillettes) I thought they might be closest to the EGs.

But you are right in that they don't have any physical resemblance to the EGs.

Has anyone out there tried them?

~Joshua
jramire2

Post by jramire2 »

rustyblade wrote:Wow, expensive. More than twice the price of the proven Israeli Personna blades.
I don't think the price is too bad, but only if buy 100 at a time. That makes them slightly more than Feathers, and the prices include shipping. But I do agree, if you buy less than 100 they're awfully expensive.

The cheap IP's don't work for me unfortunately, first shave is consistenly harsh for me.

And it looks like the same vendor sells them on ebay and they're going for less. Around $8 US for 25.

~Joshua
suffolksupplies
Vendor

Nacet / Gillette Blades

Post by suffolksupplies »

Hi everyone.

In response to your comments:

1/ Just to clarify my blades are stainless steel not platinum coated / hardened.

2/ They are made in a factory in the Czech Republic & are a subsidiary of Procter & Gamble & are made to the same quality demands, as the swedes but Nacet & Silver Blue are the brands they produce.

3/I prefer these to Gillette Platinum’s. I tried many brands but these worked the best for me so I decided to stock them. I find them sharp & very smooth.

4/ I’m sorry if the prices seem expensive but shipping to the US starts from approx $3.20 & the current exchange rate doesn’t help much either.

5/ I do have some blades currently listed on ebay in auction format & you are welcome to bid.

Try them and see.

Any questions please email.

Many thanks
Best regards,

Paul

Quality shaving products & toiletries from Connaught Shaving http://connaughtshaving.com