King of Prussia Mall?

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Pete

King of Prussia Mall?

Post by Pete »

I expect to be in Philadelphia for a few days next month, and I've not been to the King of Prussia Mall since becoming interested in wetshaving. For those who frequent the King of Prussia Mall, or those who know it well, can anyone inform me of what I might find there, where to look, etc.? I've visited their website, and it seems C.O. Bigelow, Crabtree & Evelyn, Neiman-Marcus, and Sephora are points of interest, with regard to wetshaving/fragrances. Am I missing anything? What about other vendors in the Philadelphia area?
-Pete
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Pete, Well, Brett can really fill you in, as he goes there rather often, but the main deal at KOP Mall, from what he's said, seems to be Bigelows. They have a fairly extensive selection of Trumper products, some Floris colognes ( not the 'Classics' line though, unfortunately ), and some other interesting odds and ends.
Regards,
Gordon
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Also, check out this link, also has some good Cheese Steak locations.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
Pete

Post by Pete »

AACJ wrote:....this[/url]link, also has some good Cheese Steak locations.
Now THOSE I can find! I'm in South Philly fairly often, but never bother to stop at the mall, primarily because they've been doing construction in that area since, WOW... before I could drive, it seems. Besides, I'd rather not rehash, "The Great Steak Debate"!

I'd love to be able to sniff Floris, or some of the other colognes that are otherwise unavailable locally. It'll also be nice to purchase some Trumpers cream without paying shipping, and actually being able to give them a sniff beforehand. Rare, indeed!
-Pete
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Art, the link doesn't retain the search items you wanted. It just sends you to the basic search page.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Pete,

There is Black Cat Cigar on Sansom Street. Lots of Taylor products. Also, as I mentioned in another post, it is next door to the Sansom Street Oyster House, an old-time Philadelphia oyster and fish restaurant.

Ken
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Pauldog wrote:Art, the link doesn't retain the search items you wanted. It just sends you to the basic search page.
doh!

Actually I just did a search of king of prussia since there were already some postings of it.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
martint84

Post by martint84 »

I live in Center City and have been to Black Cat, which is nice. There's also a Crabtree at the Shops at Liberty Place on 16th and Chestnut. Walking around there yesterday, I also ran into some Trumper's products at Christopher's Mens store.

I'm going to KOP later today and will report back with what I find.
themonkey

Post by themonkey »

Nordstrom's in the KoP Mall has a number of products. That's where I got my T&H Lavendar cream. You should also see brushes and stuff there in a case. The C&E is in the smaller part of the mall (I think the Court, but then I can never remember which is which).
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Perhaps a Bit Late

Post by guenron »

Art of Shaving has opened a lovely establishment.. Luxury shaves by appointment. Also, LOccitane has very nicely stocked store just a jot away from Nordstroms, and Bigelows, and Art of Shaving. If you like Aqua di Parma, you are sure to be in HOG HEAVEN in Bigelows.

On an almost as serious a topic, any "Steve's Prince of Steaks" makes a GREAT cheese steak in the traditional style of old South Philly.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
EL Alamein

Re: Perhaps a Bit Late

Post by EL Alamein »

guenron wrote:Art of Shaving has opened a lovely establishment.. Luxury shaves by appointment. .
Ron, they did? where in the mall is it? I'm going to have to stroll the length of it soon to see what has opened recently.
guenron wrote: On an almost as serious a topic, any "Steve's Prince of Steaks" makes a GREAT cheese steak in the traditional style of old South Philly.
Yes they do. They are my favorite of everybody. I rarely get to eat them anymore but once I used to live very close to one of their shops off of Bustleton ave. It was a luxury.

Chris
sgtrecon212

Post by sgtrecon212 »

The family trip this year will be to New York City by way of West Chester, Pa. near Philly. I hope to make it to the mall as well.
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
silverhill

Post by silverhill »

sgtrecon212 wrote:The family trip this year will be to New York City by way of West Chester, Pa. near Philly. I hope to make it to the mall as well.
I'm near WC, you'd be better off spending the afternoon at Shaving Grace Barbers in Exton. Play some pool and have a beer after an excellent straight razor shave.
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Re: Perhaps a Bit Late

Post by guenron »

EL Alamein wrote:
guenron wrote:Art of Shaving has opened a lovely establishment.. Luxury shaves by appointment. .
Ron, they did? where in the mall is it? I'm going to have to stroll the length of it soon to see what has opened recently.
guenron wrote: On an almost as serious a topic, any "Steve's Prince of Steaks" makes a GREAT cheese steak in the traditional style of old South Philly.
Yes they do. They are my favorite of everybody. I rarely get to eat them anymore but once I used to live very close to one of their shops off of Bustleton ave. It was a luxury.

Chris
Hi Chris,
If you exit Nordies on the second floor onto the mall make a right. Go down to CO Bigelows and AOS is directly across the promenade. Good grief I love that mall.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Sfox7076
Keeper of the Coates

Post by Sfox7076 »

Welcome back Ron, where have you been?

Shawn
"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Egad! I must be blind. That very route is exactly the one I take every time I go into the KOP mall and especially when I go to CO Bigelow’s. Thanks very much Ron, I’ll have to check it out one of these days as I’m right down the road.

Chris