WWW.SUPERLATHER.COM IS OPEN!!

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Guys!

Big announcement!!

The Austrian Pitralons are in!!

I have the Austrian Pitralon Original and Austrian Pitralon Polar aftershaves!

I will be updating the website and adding them in tomorrow (or over the weekend) so start counting your shekels!!

The La Toja (Sensitive, Regular, and sticks) and Spanish Floid products should arrive early next week!

There will be more updates to the website this week so stay tuned!

UPDATE

I just updated the website with the latest additions and whatnot. I don't think I overlooked anything!

The big news is that I now have two of the Austrian Pitralons in stock. They are both fantastic. I've used them both this past week along with the La Toja Sensitive and I'm really pleased with these additions. If these sell well I may look into adding the other two Austrian Pitralons if my supplier can get them.

Go check it out and let me know what you think.

I have had a few people ask if I can get the 400 ml bottle of Proraso splash. I have only one supplier for the Proraso products and he is continuing to check his sources but so far the answer is no. If that changes I will let you know.

I have had some people inquire about future availability of the new Proraso with Aloe Vera. The answer is no because I feel it is available at a number of different outlets already. For the same reason I do not plan to stock the smaller tubes of Proraso green.

I will have more of the Proraso Pre/Post on the way this week. I am given to understand that there may be a small price increase on both the Pre/Post and the shaving cream when they get here but I will do my best to minimise it.

The Special Order products are low stock at the moment. I have very few of the spritzers left and a few P160 shaving briquettes and bricks left. Once these are gone they will become pay in advance special order items.

The spritzers are a bit of a novelty item appealling only to the occasional customer. The P160 while it has generated some interest has not sold as well as I had hoped it would. I attribute a lot of this to a lack of familiarity with the brand. The fact that it comes in a 1000g brick is a bit intimidating too. For my part I do like it and most of the field testers that I sent a briquette to (randomly selected from the Superlather customer lists) liked it as well although to be perfectly honest there was one who wasn't too taken with it although he was fond of the scent. It does smell good almost good enough to eat in fact. The main reason that it will become a special order pay in advance item is the weight of the bricks eats me alive on the shipping and I can't take the risk of importing without having a buyer ready to receive it.

I will be doing some minor tweaking to the website as I get the chance but it won't be anything major.

Thanks everyone for your patronage!
Kind regards,
Mark

Shop www.superlather.com today for Irisch Moos,Erasmic,Palmolive,Gillette,Floid,La Toja,and more!!
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Greetings All!

Just wanted to post an update. I finally got around to shipping all my parcels that should have gone last week yesterday. I have been having some issues with an abscessed tooth and an uncooperative dentist that have kept me otherwise occupied. However if you have purchased anything from me or through Superlather know that your parcel went out yesterday. I apologise for the delay as that is certainly atypical but it was unavoidable.

GOOD NEWS:
I am waiting to hear back from one of my suppliers who may be able to get the Alt Innsbruck for me at an earlier date than my regular supplier. If I don't hear from him I will be calling him Friday morning. As I said, he is not my regular Alt supplier but he should be able to get it for me in greater quantities with less trouble and hopefully at a lower price. If he gets it for me at a lower price I will be passing that savings on to you my wetshaving brethren. Never let it be said that Superlather doesn't love ya baby!

MORE GOOD NEWS:
In keeping with passing on the savings I am hoping to negotiate better prices on the Austrian Pitralons. I plan on adding the Fresh Work and I'm hoping to drop the price of the 100ml bottles by a few dollars. If this works out, and I have no reason to think it won't, I will also start selling the Austrian decants at $2.00 instead of $3.00. I will know the answer to this by Friday. It will take a few weeks to get the Fresh Work in stock at my supplier and then about another week for it to get here.

SOME NOT SO GOOD NEWS:
I have a new shipment coming through a different courier for new stocks of the Proraso 500ml tubes and tubs and some additional Italian Floids. Regrettably there will be a price increase associated with the Proraso products and the Italian Floids. Actually this is not the first in light of international economic factors but the others have been fairly small and I just absorbed them. The price increases will be small I promise but at this point I must pass them on. I will know the final prices Friday and an update will be posted to the website over the weekend.

Thanks again everyone for your patronage and your input!
Kind regards,
Mark

Shop www.superlather.com today for Irisch Moos,Erasmic,Palmolive,Gillette,Floid,La Toja,and more!!
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Greetings all!

Just a few updates on the web page that you might care to check out. See the News page for the big announcements. That will also alert you to any other site wide changes.

I will be making some more changes in the next few days (most of them site tweaking and minor alterations) but there will be one or two major announcements coming.

Any questions please pm or email me at Superlather!
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Made some updates to the website this weekend as promised.

Check the News page for the important announcements. I think you will be pleased with the Alt Innsbruck and the Austrian Pitralon announcements.

There are now three ways to order decants and samples. This is in response to a much requested option and I finally took the time to sit down and come up with a way to make it work.

There were a few price increases as well as price reductions. These were unavoidable but I still think I have the best prices going on these items. Let me know if you find it at a lower price stateside.

Superlather.com is always under construction so always check back. In the coming weeks as I get time I will be adding more product details for those of you that really enjoy researching your shaving purchases and I know you are out there.

Thanks again for your patronage!
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Updates made to the website guys. New stock is in and a new product announcement that should make some of you happy.

Over the next few weeks I will be tweaking the website and adding content about the products. Nothing will change regarding navigation or ease of use so no worries there.

Keep the orders coming and thanks for your patronage.
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Hello everyone! I've just updated the website with some new product information. Been meaning to for a few days now and just have not had the time. I would have done it earlier today but we've been under tornado warnings in Brownsville TN most of the day. As I write this we are under tornado watch for another few minutes. One touched down a few miles from my home and we've been listening to sirens in town all day long it seems. As most of you know I've had enough close encounters of the tornadic kind to last a lifetime.

Refresh your browsers when you load Superlather. I'm really excited about the new Austrian Pitralon. Fresh@Work is a very light fragrance like the other Austrians but it manages to last several hours. I've worn them all and the average lifespan is eight hours and I don't splash it on that heavily. The Austrian Pitralons are marketed in Austria by Sara Lee as aftershave/colognes like the Alt Innsbruck. In fact the Austrian Pitralon Original is so close to the Alt Innsbruck in fragrance (the differences are very subtle) that I can't help but think it is sold by Sara Lee as a clone competitor. There is one other Austrian formulation available but I am going to wait and see how these three continue to fare before I stock it. I invite you to check these out as you will not be disappointed.

Big news on the Alt Innsbruck front too. I now sell a 100ml decant for those of you who want to refill that glass bottle or for those of you that want an inexpensive travel bottle. I'm hoping this goes over well. Let me know what you think.

The Proraso tubs are back in stock. There is more so check the website out.

Going forward I am going to continue improving the website, tweaking it slightly, making the reviews more detailed, and affording some product research links and information for those of you that are inclined to that sort of thing.

I still plan to add a few more products. Most are already announced on the website but there are a few surprises coming. The Proraso 400ml should be up in the next few weeks and the other items are scheduled but a definite date of acquisition has not been determined in every case. Again check the website regularly as it is not a static affair I promise you.

I am also working on a sort of customer loyalty program or some such so that regular patrons can be rewarded in some small way for their custom. I've been asked about offering discounts for <insert forum name here> members and I feel like a cheapskate responding that I don't do that because my prices are as low as I can reasonably go already and still clear a profit but I would like to do something for those people who frequent the website and encourage those who only come by every now and again to come by more often. Volume is the key here so I am going to work on coming up with something that is "win-win" for the both of us. It will be challenging as I am importing from six or seven countries now and this is still a very small concern but I hope to be able to come up with something.
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Sorry I've been out of pocket for so long guys but it's been unavoidable. Just thought I would give a brief update.

I'm in the process of trying to find a way to replace the USPS for foreign shipments of orders over $20.00. I've been going back and forth with them over an order I shipped into Canada back in February that the USPS crushed. They awarded the claim in my favour but they have given me one excuse i.e. told one lie after another as to why the cheque hasn't been forwarded to me. I replaced the damaged goods at my expense and reshipped them to the customer a week after it happened. USPS has delayed giving a response at every opportunity. They have even told me that it is Canada Post that is to issue the refund cheque--on a claim they awarded. I've caught these fools in one lie after another and today when I called and asked if they were going to honour this claim or should I just give it up the ass on the other end of the line told me--quoting here now--"I should just give it up" and hung up on me.

It's only about $60.00 but when you consider the margins I operate on in this little enterprise it is significant and then there is the principle of the thing. But then as I've stated before we are dealing with a quasi-governmental institution that has no accountability. You literally pay your money and take your chances. We would all be better off if the USPS like Wal Mart ceased to exist altogether.

Add to that the glass Alt Innsbrucks which I thought arrived today were incorrectly filled by my German supplier with Swiss Pitralons. So I have that to contend with and the additional delay waiting for them to come back in.

On the positive side I will soon be placing orders for Proraso Splash in the 400ml bottle and the La Toja splash in the 150ml bottle. I'm waiting to hear from my suppliers with the invoices for payments.

To date I have no news on the Noxzema refill date. I assume they are still making it but my supplier is having problems getting it. If anyone living in Italy reads this can you confirm whether or not it is still on store shelves over there?

I am awaiting new shipments of the UK goods. April was really off in total sales. May has been better but I tell you that some of the petty headaches I encounter sourcing these products makes me wonder sometimes if it's worth it.

Anyway I hope to have more productive news to report this weekend.

Sorry for the vent but I have to get it out somewhere! :?
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Hi guys!

Sorry if I've been out of pocket lately but I have had a few personal matters to see to.

Just updated the website with a few new tidbits. Check out the announcements section to be sure.

Glass Alts are back in stock for the time being. They are flying off the shelf--which is a good thing!

High fuel prices are causing some problems in Italy and Spain right now and this is creating some delays due to work stoppage. Will keep ye posted!!

Never a dull moment in wetshaving brothers!!
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Greetings!

Just a few quick updates--

The La Toja aftershave is in! I will be updating the website tomorrow. I will be offering decants of this one as well. It comes in a 150ml bottle and will retail for $32.00. It smells great! Just like the shaving cream. This is the splash not the aftershave balm.

The Italian products are still on the way. Keep checking the website for updates..

By the way guys I will be donating a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the next few bottles of Swiss Pitralon to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in the name of one of my contacts at the German supplier I use. So if you've been thinking about picking up a bottle then please do as part of the money will definitely go toward a good cause.

Anyway until next time...
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Website updated with the new La Toja product! This is some really good stuff and I hope it goes over well.

The Noxzema still has not arrived yet. I will contact the supplier today.

The Proraso splash should arrive some time this week or early next week. There have been some delays in Italy regarding the pick up partly the result of fuel protests and partly the fault of DHL Express stupidity. I am gradually eliminating DHL as a courier of choice as they are horribly inept--they give the USPS a run for their money and that IS saying something. I will contact this supplier today and hope to hear back from him tomorrow.

Some of you have already reserved the La Toja splash, Proraso Splash, and the Noxzema creams and I have your name down and will let you know when they are in. Of course the La Toja Splash IS in so you can go ahead and make your purchase on the site. Keep watching here and on the website for future product updates.

Thanks everyone for patronising Superlather. This month has been my best month since launching the site and it isn't over yet so if you are planning an order go ahead and place it and get on the month of June bandwagon!!

I still plan to tweak the website a little so watch for that as I think you will be pleased with the results.
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Regarding all future US shipments bottles--not decants-- of aftershave MUST go FedEX. If you select USPS as your courier I will upgrade you and if additional postage is required I will contact you for that before shipping. The Neanderthals at the USPS managed to crush yet another bubblewrapped bottle of aftershave. I won't even bother with the insurance claim as they have no intention of honouring them--I have yet to receive the payment from back in February. I can't tell you how many documented lies they have told me on that one.

At the moment I can still only use the USPS for shipping foreign orders but I am working on that.
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Just a brief update.

The Alts are in. Had a large shipment come in today.

The Italian shipments are working but have suffered innumerable delays. I have one that was last seen in Customs back on the 19th of June. I have others that are due to ship as soon as I sort out everything with the new couriers. It's been a major headache but I'm working on it. Keep checking the website for updates.
Kind regards,
Mark

Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I tried to make a purchase from your web site and I get this msg....

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

I sent you an email. This is covered in detail on my website on the News page. For the benefit of others this is an annoying issue largely with IE and other anal retentive browsers. My website's certificate is secure it is just held by my webhost rather than in my domain's name. I could host my own but it costs a good bit more and I would have to shut down the website while my host implements it. IF you were sharing any of your financial details with me I would have done this from the outset. However none of your financial details are shared with me. Every bit of that is done on PayPal's secured website so there is no need for me to implement a security certificate. If I did it would largely be to satisfy browsers like IE. My recommendation is to download Firefox (click on the logos on my site) and start using a browser that takes up less space on your HD, uses fewer system resources, is far more intuitive to use, much quicker, and most importantly is internet savvy something IE isn't.

I hope that helps. I've found that most people after doing this completely switch to FF and leave IE in the rear view mirror where it belongs. If you continue to have problems let me know and I'll contact my webhost.
Kind regards,
Mark

Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Thanks for the quick emails this morning Mark, I sent you another email. hope you can get it resolved, your site is the only one I have encountered this problem with, also I have tried this from two computers now.
Regards,
Marty

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Emailed you back. It really is a non issue but I think I will contact my webhost.
Kind regards,
Mark

Whistler

Post by Whistler »

The last error I saw I had to add an exception, sort of saying it's ok to use this certificate, once I did that the order went through, but firefox did not just let me access the secure page I had to ask it to, then verify I wanted to. Either way, thanks for putting up with my problems, I was able to place my order.

Thanks again for the help Mark and the patience :-)
Regards,
Marty

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

No problem Marty and thanks for the order. For being such a trooper I'll put a little something extra in your order! :D

In this ID theft gun shy world browsers are really getting anal about security now. I understand why and I understand why people are wary but this concern with safety causes browsers to flag a lot of nonexistent problems. Until this latest version FF was a little more lenient. I just learned that there was a bug in FF that prevented setting an exception for a while but they appear to have resolved that now.

Whilst this was taking place I had a lengthy discussion with my webhost and they told me that only a dedicated SSL and IP on my end would stop this-- apart from setting exceptions in the browser of course.

Thanks for your patience too Marty.
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Hello everyone.

I finally updated the website and added the new 400ml Proraso Aftershave Splash. I've had a number of requests for this one so I'm anxious to see how well it goes over with the wetshaving faithful. All Italian products are in and it appears that I have the new couriers set up and operating.

The Alt Innsbruck is really selling well as is the Proraso Pre/Post. In fact the Pre/Post has almost sold out but another big order is soon to be on the way.

I will be stocking some limited amounts of the Ingram Green Label. This cream is discontinued so if you want to try this cream and see how it compares to the blue label pick it up quick as I don't know how long I'll be able to get it. I'm only going to order a few unless I get a number of reservations so if quite a few of you are interested let me know. The price will be comparable to blue label maybe just a touch below it.

Tentatively I will be getting a very limited supply of the Skin Bracer Cool Spice in the dimpled glass bottle! This is the real deal people. Vintage stuff and it smells great! If you want one definitely get your reservation in because once they are gone I may not be able to get any more.

I also corrected an error in the links on a few webpages that were linking to the incorrect home page and as a result the Alt Innsbruck page wasn't displaying. I can't think when this happened or how long it has been like that as I thought I had corrected it once before but apparently I missed a few. Let me know if you spot anything else. Please clear the cache in your browser and everything should work now.

Keep checking the website brothers! You never know what might turn up next.
Kind regards,
Mark

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

Ok dudes and dudettes I just installed a 128 bit SSL certificate on the website to enhance the Superlather shopping experience! Yes sir you are in HTTPS:// country now!! That's online high security talk that is!!

Just thought I would pass that along and thank everyone that has patronised Superlather. This month has already surpassed last month and last month was the best on record. SO THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

I have put in some BIG orders with the Italian suppliers but it will be a while before I take delivery though as everyone over there is on holiday. That's actually not much of an exaggeration. Most Europeans vacation in late July and August and while they are away no one works! So please be patient as I have a whole lot of the Proraso tubs, tubes, aftershaves, and Floids on the way. I'm going to try and squeeze a few P160 bricks in there too as this stuff is starting to sell slowly but surely. I have to be careful though because it is SO heavy and really runs up the shipping costs.

That's all for now. Check the website out from time to time as there is always something new. I'm tweaking it by adding more product details and pictures that should help in your shopping experience. Suggestions are welcome.

Oops almost forgot--the vintage Skin Bracer is on the way. This is the Cool Spice and is in the big dimpled glass bottle. I will be selling these for $13.50. Understandably the supply is limited and I don't know if there will be more where these are coming from or not so if you wish to reserve a bottle email me through Superlather with your full name and I'll start compiling a list. Actually there are already a few names on it!

Also I MAY---emphasise MAY---have a lead on some NOS Proraso red tube! I won't know until my Italian suppliers get back. Stay tuned for the follow up on this. At this time I am not taking reservations but if you wish to PM me with interest I'll put your name on the list which in a positive flash of inspiration I've decided to call the Proraso Red Tube List! See my creative genius only waxes and never wanes!

Now go forth and shop Superlather!
Kind regards,
Mark