Community Pharmacy in Madison, Wisconsin

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Community Pharmacy in Madison, Wisconsin

Post by Pauldog »

I was very pleasanly surprised to find that Community Pharmacy in Madison had a nice collection of Merkur (nonadjustable) razors at reasonable prices. I think they are run as a co-op store, meaning that buyers and employees can be member/owners.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Pauldog, Good to know. I went to college at UW, in Madison, always mean to go back and see how it is these days. I seem to recall that there is also a British isles store somewhere in town there, that sells Taylor shave creams. The name of the shop escapes me at the moment, but I'm sure you could track it down. Regards, Gordon
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

F-'em, Bucky! :wink:

--Mark
(Ex-Wisconsite)
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

Pauldog,
Yeah, that store was great for me. There is nothing even remotely similar here in Appleton. I just wish I had more reasons to make a trip to Madison.
There is also a small soap store down the street that carries Proraso and other items of interest. Although I must admit it's been awhile and I was not yet quite familiar with what I wanted to try.
I'm looking to make the trip soon though. Not sure if any of these stores carried English creams or not, but I will find out soon enough.

Gordon,
The British Isle store I recall being in Milwaukee and not Madison (there could very well be one in Madison as well though). I've been to the British Isle store and that is where I made a lot of my initial purchases concerning English creams. Wish I would have stocked up at the time. They were having a 45% discount on all men's grooming products.
str84ever

Post by str84ever »

Hugo,

Do you remember where the British Isle store is in Milwaukee and how long ago was it since you were there? I live in the Milwaukee area and have never heard of it.

Rob
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Hugo, I could be mistaken, but I think there is a British goods store in Madison also. I believe that I found their web site, or an address, or something a while back. Was it Song of the Isles, or something like that? Unfortunately, I didn't save the information. I always thought it was weird that the Soap Opera store on State Street didn't have any top shelf shave stuff. There was a period where they were the only known source for Vinolia bath soap in the US, and I ordered from them a couple of times. Regards, Gordon
Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

PATRICK'S LOOK OF THE ISLES
702 N MIDVALE BLVD MADISON, WI 53705
(608) 231-1707

Rob,
Maybe I was mistaken. I thought this was in the Milwaukee area as well. Search found nothing but Madison.

Gordon,
Madison it is. I've been to Madison and Milwaukee so many times now they blur together. The Soap Opera on State Street had a limited selection of Proraso and badger hair brushes. When I spoke to the owner she informed me they were looking to bring in several English creams. This was nearly a year and a half ago. If anything became of it I am not sure. Would be nice if it did though.
Rik

Post by Rik »

This is great news. I had no idea we had local stores that carried these products.

Rik
Portage, WI