NAME IT AND WIN

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Sue
Vendor

NAME IT AND WIN

Post by Sue »

Gentlemen:

Have you ever wondered who thinks of the names used for toiletries? We do, they must be imaginative and talented individuals. Having said that, Wendy and I must not be.

Sitting on a shelf is a jug full of an SCS original Eau De Toilette blend. This EDT has passed trialing by our test team with high marks. It has been ready to bottle and label for about two weeks. It sits there with it's label of 27A; the test name. WHY?

Everyday we look at it, smell it, try it on our wrists and say to each other, 'What should we call it"? We then put it back on the shelf with a shrug of our shoulders....."hmmm, I don't know, let me think about it more."

Wendy and I are stumped for 'Cool' names or at least one cool, snazzy name. So, we thought we'd ask the men who would know.

If you could name a Eau De Toilette, what would it be? The problem is we can't send a sample to everyone so here's a description: it's a huggable, snuggly blend of musk's with a hint of vanilla and warm wood.

Here's the fine print........
1. This is open to Everyone. Send any suggestions you may have to sue@saintcharlesshave.com.

2. The names we like will be searched to verify they are not already 'marked'.

3. The name cannot be rude or crude, such as one on the market that has a * for the second letter, nor can it have a vague (crude) double-meaning.

4. If it is in a language other than English, we will need to know the language so we can check it with Babelfish.

5. You agree is it ok to post your first name, city and winning EDT name.

6. You may submit as many names as you would like.

7. Title the subject line of the email "EDT". In order to keep these email separate, please do not add any questions or other comments but send those in another email.

8. We will not contact you unless your 'Name' is chosen.

9. We do not harvest your email address or your name, Ever.

This will end when we have chosen a name; it could be an hour from now, tomorrow or next week or is this EDT destined to sit in a plain label named 27A on a lonesome shelf? Again, this is open to all of you, irregardless of CONUS or INTL.

What do you get for your brain-smokin' effort?

A complimentary full-size bottle of the EDT* with your suggested "Name" shipped to you free irregardless of where you live. We will also include a neat, nifty new product that will be introduced soon during our upcoming Second Anniversary Sale. (ssshh, it's a surprise)

* If out of the US, you will receive a Aftershave Milk which contains no alcohol along with the new product. (We cannot ship alcohol products out of the States.)

Sue & Wendy
Cavman

Post by Cavman »

Sue, this is not so easy, to apply to the general public? I never considered this end of your business.
John

Just smile & wave boys, just smile & wave. (Madagascar)
Scrapyard Ape

Re: NAME IT AND WIN

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

Sue wrote:3. The name cannot be rude or crude, such as one on the market that has a * for the second letter, nor can it have a vague (crude) double-meaning.
Phooey. :(

:wink:
~Greg
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Eau de Espo
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

Sam wrote:Eau de Espo
Sam, I don't have enough leather F/O to make an EDT that smells like a new Porsche. :lol:
Sue
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

My vote is "SCS #27" or "SCS 27"
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Johnnie wrote:My vote is "SCS #27" or "SCS 27"
Works for Floris....
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

From your own post Sue,

"huggable, snuggly blend "

:shock: :lol:
~~ Larry ~~
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

27A has been given a name. Many, many good suggestions were received and are being kept, (along with the email addresses of those who offered them), for future reference. We chose one given by Nick (a.k.a Red2 on B&B) who suggested the name of 'Avalon' from the legend of King Arthur. Thank you Nick! A package will be going towards Tacoma very soon.

A bit 'THANK YOU' to all for your participation.

Sue & Wendy
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Mystery 27

I like Sams better, but I already have a fragrance named after me. :lol:
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Thanks Tony. YOu know I love free stuff, LOL.
Damon

Post by Damon »

The three I sent Sue were---
Sentinel, or Raw Umber or Envisage

Envisage• To form a mental picture of (something not yet existing or known) : he knew what he liked but had difficulty envisaging it.
Damon

"I Want Dapper Dan, Not Fop"