A visit with Giovanni

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Slant-Fan

A visit with Giovanni

Post by Slant-Fan »

Looking at Giovanni's website http://www.razorandbrush.com/. I noticed that we have the same area code so I gave him a call and finding that we are not too far apart geographically I asked if I could come by and pick up some blades and Bay Rum. He graciously invited me over with the caveat that "the house is a mess". So over I went and his beautiful house could be featured in Better Homes and Gardens. Giovanni and his lovely wife and daughter welcomed me and made me feel like a guest rather then a guy interrupting their daily routine. Giovanni is a cultured gentleman and a very interesting conversationalist. He started Barbieria Italiana as an adjunct to his regular profession in order to gain access to products that he used while living in Milan,Italy. Unable to find them in the USA he began to import them himself. His stock of scents, blades, and other shaving items is impressive. Checkout his Razor and Brush website. He has some very interesting features such as reviews of two of my favorite resources, Leisure Guy's Guide To Gourmet Shaving and the voluminous Safety Razor Compendium. There are links to many wet shaving blogs and websites, vintage instruction manuals and more. Rather then a mere commercial transaction we had a nice time discussing wet shaving, scents, Fausto Coppi and Gino Bartali. A real pleasure meeting him and my highest recommendation for anyone thinking of doing business with him
Regards,

jimmy
Chifunda

Post by Chifunda »

Refreshing to hear there are still people that know who Fausto Coppi and Gino Bartali were. =D>

(But Eddy Merckx will always be "The Man.") Image
Slant-Fan

Post by Slant-Fan »

Chifunda wrote:Refreshing to hear there are still people that know who Fausto Coppi and Gino Bartali were. =D>

(But Eddy Merckx will always be "The Man.") Image
Absolutely ! The greatest cyclist of all time.
Regards,

jimmy
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

True. Giovanni is a true gentleman.
Regards,
Jani
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Yep, Eddy Merckx was like the Babe Ruth of his day. He accomplished all his wins before the advent of steroids and the like. FWIW, I'm glued to the telly when the Tour is on. I think those guys are the greatest athletes in the world. Try to play soccer, baseball, basketball etc for 3 weeks straight!

Getting back on track.....I've heard from more than one person that has spoken to live, or on the phone, to Giovanni that he is a gentleman of the first order.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

I also have met Gio in person when he was at the Raleigh Pen Show. I agree that he is a class act.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.