Vintage Aftershave Balm from Portugal

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Leon
Vendor

Vintage Aftershave Balm from Portugal

Post by Leon »

I'm presenting you an Aftershave Balm from a very ancient and prestigious Portuguese brand - 444. This brand makes this Aftershave balm for ages (I can't tell you how old is it, but I'll try to find out) and also a styptic stick. Any old timer here knows this brand.
I use this as my A/S balm after every shave. It gives me that "vintage feeling" we get when we shave with a straight razor .
The scent is menthol. After I shave, I put some A/S - typically Floid, La Toja, Musgo Real or Proraso - and let it sting for a few seconds, then I usually grab this tube and mix it with a few drops of A/S and put it on my face. That gives me a cooling sensation that lasts a long time.
It's composition is: glycerin, menthol, distilled water, carboxivinil resin and disoproprilamin. These last 2 ingredients are not very well translated I guess - I'm not a chemical expert, sorry.

Best regards

Visit my Vendor Corner, my shop www.VintageScent.com or PM me

The Vintage Scent - rare and antique products for men
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hello, Leon. I think perhaps this should be posted in the Shopping forum. Also, I clicked on the link in your signature, and it took me to one of those "domain available" pages. You may want to look into this.
--Bob--
Leon
Vendor

Post by Leon »

Hello.

I just realized I posted on the wrong forum, I was wondering who's the moderator of the shaving cream and soaps to ask him to move this thread.
Thanks about the wrong address. I fixed it.

Best regards
Best regards

Visit my Vendor Corner, my shop www.VintageScent.com or PM me

The Vintage Scent - rare and antique products for men
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

Welcome to the forum Leon. I'll move this thread to the Shopping Forum for you.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor