HALLOWEEN CONTEST

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Sue
Vendor

HALLOWEEN CONTEST

Post by Sue »

We are giving away one of our Lathering mugs in your choice of black or white to a 'Member' of Shave My Face. If you are not a Member yet, sign-up and join!

This heavy ceramic mug weighs in at 22 ounces; 5.25 diameter, 3.5" tall and 3" at the base. It will contain a generous 4+ ounce pour of Barbershop fragranced Shave Soap and shipped CONUS free via Priority Mail. (If you are an International Member, you will receive the mug/shave soap free but due to high International shipping cost, we must ask you split the Global Priority shipping cost w/us-Sorry)

How do you win? It's easy.....just add to the Halloween Story below.

**Entries MUST be a minimum of ONE FULL SENTANCE, OR MORE but can be any length. Limit of three
entries. ***

Wendy and I have chosen two numbers to coincide with two post numbers. We will end the contest (story completed or not) at Midnight, Holloween October 31st.

Halloween Story.........
It was a dark and windy night, clouds moved quickly over the harvest moon. Jack and Jill Smith had been warned about moving into the old house said to be haunted by many of the townspeople.

After the long day of moving and unpacking; Jill looked forward to the glass of wine Jack had placed on the small table near the big iron claw-foot tub upstairs. Jack
billski

story

Post by billski »

...decided to make sure that the furnace was working well, so he went downstairs leaving Jill all alone to enjoy her bath.
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

...said, "Before we get to the wine, I want to shave. Did you unpack my Wake Up! shave stick?"
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

"Why no Jack, I forgot" Jack turned to Jill and said "You forgot????" You know how mad I get when I can't shave properly.
Don't think......shave.
billski

story

Post by billski »

Isn't GA Russell supposed to follow Billski's story? GA is going in a new direction.
ShavingShack
Vendor

Post by ShavingShack »

Just a suggestion...as coincidental "same time" posting can't really be avoided, when replying to a particular ending, put the username of the person you are continuing from at the beginning. You could end up with different yet interesting versions of the same story. Just a thought!

Dan
murchmb

Re: story

Post by murchmb »

billski wrote:...decided to make sure that the furnace was working well, so he went downstairs leaving Jill all alone to enjoy her bath.
The light to the basement did not seem to be working. Muttering something about "that stupid movie with Tom Hanks and Shelley Long," he pulled out his LED key chain light and descended into the darkness, his steps illuminated by a small beam of white light.
Mike
billski

Post by billski »

Jack and Jill Smith had been warned about moving into the old house said to be haunted by many of the townspeople.

***I must smile about this writing. It appears that the house is haunted by the townspeople. Ghosts aren't haunting the house, but the townspeople are. ***
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

billski wrote:Isn't GA Russell supposed to follow Billski's story? GA is going in a new direction.
Bill, I didn't interpret the instructions that way. Perhaps you are right. It looks to me like each of us is asked to finish the story Sue started, not add to another poster's narrative. Oh, well.
Fitness
Lijun badger
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Ok. The way I interpolate this is to keep the story going from the original starting sentence that Sue provided with each poster adding a sentence or two. The next poster would pick up from the last sentence in the story and add his creativity to keep the ball rolling. If we have to, I can delete the posts that are not needed and we can continue on.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Trumperman wrote:...If we have to, I can delete the posts that are not needed and we can continue on.
Bill, I vote in favor of your doing whatever it takes for me to win the SCS mug and soap! :D
Fitness
Lijun badger
RetroGrouch

Post by RetroGrouch »

murchmb wrote:
billski wrote:...decided to make sure that the furnace was working well, so he went downstairs leaving Jill all alone to enjoy her bath.
The light to the basement did not seem to be working. Muttering something about "that stupid movie with Tom Hanks and Shelley Long," he pulled out his LED key chain light and descended into the darkness, his steps illuminated by a small beam of white light.
He creaked down the ancient wooden stairs, as the LED key chain light flickered in warning of low batteries. Then, out of the quiet darkness, he reeled at what he saw...
RetroGrouch

Post by RetroGrouch »

[Come on everyone, get with the program! Okay, I'll try again...]

He creaked down the ancient wooden stairs, as the LED key chain light flickered in warning of low batteries. Then, out of the quiet darkness, he reeled at what he saw...

The cat was using his Plisson HMW as a cat toy!! He shreiked at the inconsiderate feline and snatched the brush from its claws. But while doing so, I didn't see what was happening behind him...
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

Trumperman wrote:Ok. The way I interpolate this is to keep the story going from the original starting sentence that Sue provided with each poster adding a sentence or two. The next poster would pick up from the last sentence in the story and add his creativity to keep the ball rolling. If we have to, I can delete the posts that are not needed and we can continue on.

Regards,

Bill
This is correct. (Add to the sotry, not start another one.) Sue
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

billski wrote:Jack and Jill Smith had been warned about moving into the old house said to be haunted by many of the townspeople.

***I must smile about this writing. It appears that the house is haunted by the townspeople. Ghosts aren't haunting the house, but the townspeople are. ***

Heck, I never said I was an author, I make soap :lol: and we're giving some away in a mug.
Sue
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

C'mon fellers, let's keep this going. There's a nice prize waiting for the lucky winner.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
RetroGrouch

Post by RetroGrouch »

RetroGrouch wrote:He creaked down the ancient wooden stairs, as the LED key chain light flickered in warning of low batteries. Then, out of the quiet darkness, he reeled at what he saw...

The cat was using his Plisson HMW as a cat toy!! He shreiked at the inconsiderate feline and snatched the brush from its claws. But while doing so, I didn't see what was happening behind him...
A witch was stirring a batch of toad-scented shaving soap in a cauldron. (He'd always wondered where those strange smells came from. A soap-making witch in the basement never occurred to him.)

"Why toads?", he asked the witch...

[Seems I'm the only one who wants to play. And this is the last entry I'm allowed. Oh dear. This should probably be in the General section, where it would get more views.]
Boyextraordinare

Post by Boyextraordinare »

Okay, this is all awry!

Can the last writing prompt be put up?
crunchy

Post by crunchy »

"Why toads?", he asked the witch...
The witch grinned widely and lowered her voice to barely a whisper. "The toads add the secret scent-merging ingredient, my observant friend," then leaned her head way back and cackled heartily.
Southern Gentleman with 6 kids, and loving every minute of it!
Boyextraordinare

Post by Boyextraordinare »

Her cacaphonous cackle notwithstanding, Jack noted the witch's legs.

"Not bad," he thought. "Jill's upstairs bathing. What the hell."

He accosted her, and, without a word, mashed his lips against hers.

Her mouth tasted delicious, utterly delicious.

"I've gotta have you," he breathed, "the whole of you."