Retailers in Canada

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Retailers in Canada

Post by rustyblade »

I'm relatively new to this world of premium shaving and I was wondering if anybody can recommend some good online Canadian retailers that carry a full line of Taylor products (for example). I have ordered some stuff from Classic Shaving in the past, but it is expensive to get this stuff accross the border.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

One of our newest members is the prez of an online retailer in Canada, mensessentials.com which is has a huge selection of products, but I didn't see Taylors.

Check out their website, they even have a forum that rivals ours!! Imagine that!

But wait, there's more! If you wait a day or so, there will be a special offer from them to SMF forum members, I will or James will keep you posted on that one in the Shopping forum.

Regards
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I found a place that carries some (but not all) Taylor stuff in Canada. Most importantly it has the Avocado shaving cream that I wanted to try. Now the interesting part: its a womens spa site: http://www.julietsdayspa.com/

I ordered a tub of the Avocado Shave cream, it was a decent price actually: $19 CDN, with $5 shipping, which as all of us Canadians know, is a sweet deal factoring in: no loss of exchange rate, no duty/border fees, and also no PST as it comes from Alberta. Cheap shipping too.

I will let you know how the service was if/when I receive the product.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

rustyblade wrote:I found a place that carries some (but not all) Taylor stuff in Canada. Most importantly it has the Avocado shaving cream that I wanted to try. Now the interesting part: its a womens spa site: http://www.julietsdayspa.com/

I ordered a tub of the Avocado Shave cream, it was a decent price actually: $19 CDN, with $5 shipping, which as all of us Canadians know, is a sweet deal factoring in: no loss of exchange rate, no duty/border fees, and also no PST as it comes from Alberta. Cheap shipping too.

I will let you know how the service was if/when I receive the product.
Just out of curiosity, what is the exchange rate from CDN to USD? I am too lazy to surf the net for it right now.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Canadian dollar is between 80 and 85 cents US right now.
KillerPancake

Post by KillerPancake »

Lots of stuff on http://www.trafalgarshop.com

I haven't purchased from them or done much in the way of price comparison so I can't comment on them, but they do have a reasonable selection.