Question for Robert @ The Gentlemans Shop!

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

Hi Joel,

Free shipping to the United States & Canada starts at 100GBP. However it must be noted that the exchange rate is now moving in your favour and English goods will appear slightly cheaper.

i.e. £1 = $1.85 instead of £1 = $1.95.

I would be delighted to send you an order and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Oy, Robert--

I notice that Coates is no longer listed on your site, as well as a number of other web-retailers that I shop at. What happened?

--Mark
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

Hi Mark,

Coates is a really slow mover compared with the bigger brands so has lost it's space to a new arrival, yet to be announced....

Watch thsi space,

Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

english_barber wrote:Hi Mark,

Coates is a really slow mover compared with the bigger brands so has lost it's space to a new arrival, yet to be announced....

Watch thsi space,

Robert
*sigh*...But I sooo love Coates Tea Tree. I hope I'll be able to find it again sometime...somewhere. :cry:

--Mark
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Mark,

I am sure Enchante will always sell coates....
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

Post by Guest »

Mark,

Yes, Enchate and Lee's Razors both carry Coates. QED also carries it but they are out at the moment. While I love and use Trumpers, Taylor, and Coates (and they are all top shelf creams) if I had to choose only one it would be Coates. Something about it just agrees with me a little bit better.

I have used every scent but the Tea Tree. I want to order some soon. What are your thoughts and can you give some description of the scent?
I know that's pretty hard to do but any information would be appreciated.

Regards,
Robert
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

With regard to Joel's initial post, based on all the press the Kent brushes have been receiving lately, I ordered a BK8 from Robert yesterday.
This was not my first order from TGS, and I was again amazed, and very pleased, with how quickly things are handled. Within 2 hours from placing my order I was notified that it had been shipped.
Looking forward to trying the new brush (my first "super badger") next week.
I have tried the Coates Lime and was very happy with it. Sounds like I better try and get some Tea Tree and give that a try :wink:
Regards,
Steve
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Robert wrote:I have used every scent but the Tea Tree. I want to order some soon. What are your thoughts and can you give some description of the scent?
Robert-- The Tea Tree smells like...well...tea tree oil. :oops: You may have to go to a health food store to find some tea tree oil, but its spot on (though the Coates is not a particularly strong scent).

--Mark