iKon Custom Made Safety Razors

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Pureslab

iKon Custom Made Safety Razors

Post by Pureslab »

Hello, like many of you I'm a fellow Wet Shaving enthusiast

After my serious case of RAD buying and trying as many razors as possible I decided what I wanted did not exist...

So I created my own safety razor

called "The iKon"

quality and design wise there is nothing else like this being made anywhere, period.

The few pieces that have been made so far and received by their new owners have gotten rave reviews

Each piece is custom made in all stainless steel - not brass that has been plated

My introductory price is $39 for a complete razor - not just the handle.

If you would like just a handle w/o a custom made iKon head that is also possible as the threading will fit most Old or New Gillette or Merkur Heads - just PM or email me.

My website www.ikonrazors.com will be up and running soon with a full line of custom razors and custom made progress knobs - all in solid stainless steel and very competitively priced

The open comb heads in solid stainless steel are technically very hard to make and will last a lifetime w/o any plating loss or discoloring

A few different handle types are available - they are special sharp diamond knurled and offer the best grip of any handle on the market

Please see pics and PM me with any questions or if you wish to order one.

They are masterpieces

Image[/b]

ImageImage :twisted:
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Welcome aboard. Very nice looking razors, can you make one gold plated.
Regards,
Squire
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Welcome Pureslab!

What was it about existing razors that you felt was not right for you, such that you made something unique?

I am in the market for a mild razor. How mild is your iKon? About the same as a Merkur or more mild than that?
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

You've got my attention, as I really like three-piece razors. Your prices are also very attractive.

My questions are the following:

1. Do these have the blade laid directly upon the comb or is it raised slightly above it?

2. Are these mild, moderate, or aggressive shavers? Can you compare them to any commonly known razors in this respect?

3. Do you offer any shorter handles (about the same length as a thick-handled Tech or a Super Speed)?

Thanks!

- Murray
MadAussie

Post by MadAussie »

looks great, whats the weight?
-- Stu, the mad Australian living in Virginia :: Come on you Irons!! WHUFC --
- Honed on the grave stone of Bruce Lee -
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

Squire wrote:Welcome aboard. Very nice looking razors, can you make one gold plated.
Sure can - will use a 5 micron plating , dipped 5 times in 18kt gold. Can do the same in real silver as well.

I personally like the natural finish of stainless steel but because these are custom pieces there are plenty of options available
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

GA Russell wrote:Welcome Pureslab!

What was it about existing razors that you felt was not right for you, such that you made something unique?

I like a heavy razor , but did not like the future or vision

Also like stainless steel opposed to brass that has been plated - that is just a cheap way to mass produce something.

I also wanted a grip that literally stuck to your hand and my unique sharp diamond knurling process does - hard to describe this how this grips but it is unbelievable

I am in the market for a mild razor. How mild is your iKon? About the same as a Merkur or more mild than that?

this is semi aggressive shaver
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

CMur12 wrote:You've got my attention, as I really like three-piece razors. Your prices are also very attractive.

My questions are the following:

1. Do these have the blade laid directly upon the comb or is it raised slightly above it?

it lays very flat on the comb

2. Are these mild, moderate, or aggressive shavers? Can you compare them to any commonly known razors in this respect?

slightly aggressive but smooth as there are no large gap issues with the blade exposure

3. Do you offer any shorter handles (about the same length as a thick-handled Tech or a Super Speed)?

sure do , just did not post any pics yet - will do a ALL STAINLESS STEEL bulldog style handle and many other styles

Thanks!

- Murray
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

MadAussie wrote:looks great, whats the weight?
with the handles pictured - I have the slim classic handle which is the thinner handle - approx 80 grams with the iKon open comb head

The large handle is called my "extended tech" and that is 100 grams with the head attached ImageImage
mycat

Post by mycat »

Hi guys,

I already received Greg(Pureslab) iKon razor with the long handle tech(pix 3). I can attest to the quality of this razor. This is the best razor and gives the best shave that I have ever had. I have been posting my results in this forum as SOTD. The weight of this razor is approx 3.3 oz and length is 4". The grip is unbelievable as the knurling is very deep. You can buy from iKon razors with confidence. Also who else is building razors from scratch? Finally a razor made from 100% stainless steel.
mycat

Post by mycat »

Some additional pictures of this wonderful razor. This has the Old Type head with a heavy tech long handle(4")

Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Is there a price option for gold? And plated?

Also, if it were plated I assume the impression of the tack of the thread would be hidden on the head?

Nice razor, BTW....
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
mycat

Post by mycat »

I believe Greg from iKon razors says he can do gold,silver,etc with 5 micron plating to any razor. I am sure the price will be higher. He also said to look out for his new website(not online yet) ikonrazors.com
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

any questions regarding this custom made razors please contact me at ikonrazors@gmail.com

many thanks to all who have already expressed interest :D
mycat

Post by mycat »

It appears Pureslab has 4 different razors for sale. I found this on TSD

brothers

Re:

Post by brothers »

mycat wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:30 am Hi guys,

I already received Greg(Pureslab) iKon razor with the long handle tech(pix 3). I can attest to the quality of this razor. This is the best razor and gives the best shave that I have ever had. I have been posting my results in this forum as SOTD. The weight of this razor is approx 3.3 oz and length is 4". The grip is unbelievable as the knurling is very deep. You can buy from iKon razors with confidence. Also who else is building razors from scratch? Finally a razor made from 100% stainless steel.
Ten years since I bought my ikon "extended tech" handle from Greg (Pureslab). It's long out of production, and it'll be among the heirloom razor stuff long after my shaving days are over.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Re: iKon Custom Made Safety Razors

Post by Pauldog »

What are you talking about? Shaving never stops...
brothers

Re: iKon Custom Made Safety Razors

Post by brothers »

I'm with you Paul! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. =D>
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444