New website...

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

New website...

Post by english_barber »

Hello,

I’m delighted to announce that our new website is now live and fully functioning..

One new feature is our video section, http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog ... ideos.html . Here you can view an Edwin Jagger shaving brush being made, visit Truefitt & Hill, Hungerford and an advertorial for The Art of Shaving.

Another new feature is our shaving centre, which will feature new products and special offer when they arrive, http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog ... ation.html .

Finally we added the functionality to add your reviews of products we sell. This is of real help to many of our customers, who, new to wet shaving would benefit from your experience.

So please feel free to check out the new site, watch the videos and feel free to review the products.

All the best, Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Robert, very nice. I would love to see some pictures of the shop or the barbering area. I suppose I'll just have to make an appointment for my next trip to Anglia.
Regards,
Jani
mycat

Post by mycat »

Very nice watching them make brushes. Very skilled and I like when the lady fluffs the brush and inserts into its own travel tube.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ah, Robert....an absolutely delightful looking burg. My old offer to exchange locales still holds ( chuckle ).

Mycat, Yes, that is a most concrete picture of how most of the better shave brushes are made today....but not the best ones. The handle is completely lathed by an automated machine, although it is given a quick final polish by hand. Then it is filled with a premade bristle knot that's simply taken off a shelf. In most cases, these 'plugs' are made in China. With the very best brushes, the bristle is weighed, bunched, shaped, and tied off at the maker's own shop by his own craftsmen/women. Rooney, Vulfix/Simpson and Plisson are the only firms still doing it the truly traditonal way anymore, that I know of.
Regards,
Gordon
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Gordon, Omega as well.
Regards,
Jani
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Jani, Are you sure?
Regards,
Gordon
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Yes.
Regards,
Jani
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

Aztecface wrote:Robert, very nice. I would love to see some pictures of the shop or the barbering area. I suppose I'll just have to make an appointment for my next trip to Anglia.
Hello Jani,

We intend adding a video tour of the shop in time. There is however a tour pf the TGS available from this website, click the images in the bottom right, http://www.estatevue.com/platform/kelow ... rford.html.

Charnham House is about 65 miles West of London, on junction 14 of the M4 motorway and on the mainline from Paddington. You would all be very welcome to visit, but 30 at a time please!

Regards, Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Robert, excellent. Now I'm even more inclined to visit.
Regards,
Jani
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Browsing the site of TGS always remains a delightful pastime, even when not on the hunt for grooming related items...although every now and then i can't hold off to purchase an article which is obviously redundant, but nonetheless irresistable... :wink:
Peter
Ken

Post by Ken »

english_barber wrote:
There is however a tour pf the TGS available from this website, click the images in the bottom right, http://www.estatevue.com/platform/kelow ... rford.html.
Robert (or somebody),

Can you be more specific. I found the inside of a hotel and the inside of a wine store, and a swimming pool, but not the TGS.

Thanks,

Ken
ryrelav

Post by ryrelav »

One words nice!!!!