QED

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

QED

Post by Sam »

Has a tub of T&H Rose for a little less than $21, but shipping is $8.50 to Memphis. I might add some Bronnley lemon-shaped soaps, but are they tallow? Gordon recommends Bronnley usually, and if adding the soaps does not add much to shipping, well, I might spring for all this.
druphus

Post by druphus »

I think you owe it to yourself!
Regards,
Andy
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Sam, the Bronnley lemon:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua (water), Parfum (fragrance), Glycerin, Soduim Chloride, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnammal, Titanium Dioxide, Butyrospermum, Parkii (Shea) Butter, Olea Europea (Olive) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Terasodium Etidronate, Limonene, Linalool, CI 11680.

Sorry.
Ron
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, As you can see, Bronnley, like damn near everyone else, has gone to a palm oil base. Their soaps were superb, and no doubt are still finely made, but....well....you know....palm oil just ain't the same. Those soaps always had a wonderful fresh zesty lemon scent though.
Regards,
Gordon
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

bernards66 wrote: palm oil just ain't the same
I know the feeling Gordon. I have tried many, many soaps and my favourites still remain the tallow based ones. Thankfully I have a good stash of some quality tallow soaps that will get me by for a while. :wink:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bruno, You're fortunate ( and far sighted....or was it just AD? ). I loaded up last year on the old Vinolia, and wish I'd bought even more while I could have. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when it runs out. Even really high quality palm oil based soaps just don't seem to agree with my skin, so it's more than an aesthetic thing with me. But the low end tallow based soaps that ARE still around don't work so hot either, so I'm between a rock and a hard place.
Regards,
Gordon
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Gordon, I have to honestly say that the new reformulated C&E soaps have impressed me very much. They are of course palm based and I can not believe the lather they produce and how well they perform in terms of cushion and slickness.
I still have some sticks of Palmolive, Erasmic, Valobra, and Arko which are tallow based and they perform pretty well for me. Other tallow ones include some AOS soaps, MWF (of course), some Tabac, along with some 8) Harris soaps too. This is all I can remember off the top of my head without going to dig through the stashes.
I guess it was a bit of farsightedness along with the dreaded AD disorder that some of us have. :oops: :wink: :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
DEF

Post by DEF »

Nitrox wrote:Gordon, I have to honestly say that the new reformulated C&E soaps have impressed me very much. They are of course palm based and I can not believe the lather they produce and how well they perform in terms of cushion and slickness.
Bruno, I have to agree about the performance of C&E. The old C&E Sienna was my first shaving soap -- the one that got me into old-school shaving back in 2006. Recently, just for old times' sake, I bought one of the new ones and was very impressed with the quality of the lather. The scent is stronger than I prefer, but the performance reminds me of Trumpers.
Doug
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bruno, Shaving soaps don't concern me. I use cream more often, and anyway, the current Trumper soaps work very well for me ( as do the new Penhaligon's but I won't pay what they ask ). No, it's BATH soaps that are the problem. Not only do the newer palm oil versions not lather as luxuriously, but my skin isn't happy with them. But inexpensive tallow soaps don't really do the trick either, so I'm kind of stuck. I don't like the Valobra soaps and the SMN ones are just too expensive.
Regards,
Gordon
SurfFisherman
Bargain Detector

Post by SurfFisherman »

Hi Gordon-

Not sure if you've ever tried it, but Yardley USA makes an extra gentle version of their bath soap called Baby Gentle:

http://www.yardleylondon.com/product_in ... ucts_id=86

Maybe this more gentle formula would work for you? From what I can remember, it has a noticable baby powder scent, which may be a deal-breaker for some.
Chris G
New York City