Latest from Bob's Razor Works

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
cooncatbob
Vendor

Post by cooncatbob »

Here's my latest creation, client inspire, Bronze Barrel and nickel spindle and knob.

cooncatbob
Vendor

Post by cooncatbob »

I also make larger replacement handle for vintage Lather Catchers.
cooncatbob
Vendor

Post by cooncatbob »

I have a creative fan base in Spain and these 2 razors were commissioned by them.
This client want a unique razor for his father and when he sent me the drawing I was first like no way and then I can do that.
Handle is made from bronze in 3 sections held together by SS threaded rod and red lock-tite, the middle section was first nickel plated and I then cut through the plating and expose the bronze in the middle groove.
I borrowed the magnet in the handle from the Eclipse Red Ring and this client asked if I could take it one step further and provide a Red Ring.
Red Ring Bull Mastiff Deluxe with a Long Comb NEW head.
AFG

Post by AFG »

I already have 5 of Bob's handles and the shave cabinet is getting crowded. But, if the three sectioned bronze handle for the client in Spain becomes a production piece, I'm a likely buyer. Great work.
Al
cooncatbob
Vendor

Post by cooncatbob »

AFG wrote:I already have 5 of Bob's handles and the shave cabinet is getting crowded. But, if the three sectioned bronze handle for the client in Spain becomes a production piece, I'm a likely buyer. Great work.
I'm working on shortening and simplifying the spindle section to make it easier to turn.
I would then be able to offer it any length the client wishes by varying the center section.
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Bob, do you do razor plating?
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
cooncatbob
Vendor

Post by cooncatbob »

ShadowsDad wrote:Bob, do you do razor plating?
No.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I thought I'd bump Bob's thread up to the top, considering that he passed away on April 5, 2012. He offered us unique handcrafted items that made our daily shaving ritual more enjoyable. He will be missed.
Here's his link: https://sites.google.com/site/bobsrazorworks/
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Since we have no information regarding how his estate is being administered I suggest members make careful inquiries before committing to a purchase.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm thinking anyone who would contemplate making a purchase would be ill advised, to say the least!!! I only bumped the thread in his memory. I think the website is more an archive as opposed to a going concern at this point.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444