Moss Scuttle Anniversary Prize Draw

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

waynejitsu wrote: I am hoping the Administrator or someone would look into this. As with everything, I am sure there is a "good excuse", there always is for not taking responsibility for one's own actions...
I see you haven't posted much here, so I would gently remind you of the general rule on SMF that we conduct ourselves like gentlemen.

In any moral or commercial beauty-contest with Ms Bonnyman, you (or any of us) might come out equal, but certainly wouldn't win. Her commercial ethics are on a par with her craftsmanship.

So let's pull back with the intemperate remarks.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I'll e-mail Sally and ask about the date confusion. Wayne, do calm down.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
waynejitsu

Post by waynejitsu »

I do not believe I made any "untoward" statements in my post.
In fact, I asked the Admin and Mod's to look into this.

I looked through the post again and did not see anything that was not true in the statements. I am not upset, just a bit concerned for all involved as it did not end as stated in the post.

Yep, I am new at making posts here, however, I am not the only one that noticed or posted about the end date being June 30 and no announcement as to the winner.

In my post, I was not aware of several having a connection to the vendor, so, just trying to help with any possible things not on the up and up, so, made a post, contacted the Mod and asked that he contact the Admin.

ALL of the comments I made was based on the original post as well as others showing concern over the discrepancy in the contest and how it played out..., or did not play out as the case may be.

I stand by my action of contacting the "authorities", the Moderator and Administrator to check into it. I do not see anything wrong with that and will politely leave this subject to those in charge to do as they see fit.

Thanks all:)
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

From Sal:
Chris, Yes, the draw was so much fun that we started another. The winner
will be announced on Wednesday for the first one, with the winning
entry..mostly because my computer * expert* employee doesn't come back
until then ..I'm technically challenged. Sorry for the flak..but perhaps
they could notice the question changed? Once again, so sorry..got you up
early didn't it? Sal
So hold your horses, and look forward to Wednesday. (And the first, second, third or whenever in September Sally decides to announce the winner of the second scuttle!)

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
waynejitsu

Post by waynejitsu »

Thank you Drmoss for checking for us:)
I am glad all is on the level and all is good, but as a member, although new, I still wanted to be sure, again, for the sake of everyone.
I am just glad it all worked out for the good, in the pics the work looked nice:)

Now, as I hear, you designed or helped design this scuttle.
What were the changes made compared to other scuttles?
Again, new to wet shaving (about 6 months now), but figure there must be something about this one that is special since a practicing wet shaver helped to design it. Just curious about the improvements made compared to others out there.

Thanks again:)
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Wayne,
No changes: it was the first scuttle designed for creams. The others are all copies of this one!

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

The one and only, Moss Scuttle!!
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Perhaps it should be pointed out that SMF is a non-profit site where vendors are welcome to participate but are not required to pay any fee nor do we accept any sort of paid advertizing. When Sara or Phil or any other vendor offers a drawing for a prize they are in fact doing us, the membership, a favor at their own expense.

When someone is doing us a favor it is ungracious to chide them for not doing it fast enough.
Regards,
Squire
waynejitsu

Post by waynejitsu »

Look at the bright side, by now I am sure I am disqualified, so, everyone else has a better chance, as it is, everyone else has better chance to win.

So, let's all just move on shall we:)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Not at all Wayne, just being a member qualifies you to participate. We moderators are not allowed to take part but everyone else has equal footing.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm trying to write my bucket list so I can find out what #5 might be so I can enter the new scuttle contest. But, being the cockeyed optimist most of the time, I'll hold off on submitting my entry into Sara's new contest until I find out whether I've already won the current contest! :lol:
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic / boar / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

drmoss_ca wrote:.... Sally has experimented with deeper scuttles, which didn't work as she expected as the handle of the brush will clatter noisily against the pottery, and might also cause some chipping of the ceramic - BUT, and this is only something that a user could discover....
I did request a custom deeper small scuttle from Sara because one of my favorite brushes is the 21mm Shavemac 22368, a gorgeous long handled beauty that would fall out of the scuttle were it not deeper. Luckily, it doesn't make noise when used as described, nor do my other normal-handled brushes as I am careful in use. Kudos to Chris for designing this scuttle.

Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)