Poor Service from Kimson

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
churchilllafemme

Poor Service from Kimson

Post by churchilllafemme »

I realize that it is unusual to post negative feedback about a vendor. I don't intend to create ill will or to start a debate. But I think my experience may be instructive for other members here, so I will just provide the facts.

On May 2, 2011, I ordered a shaving brush from Kimson Handicraft Company and paid for it with PayPal. When I had not received the brush by July 4, I wrote and inquired. On July 6 I received a reply from Ms. Ngoc Nhien, Staff Officer, saying, "This time, we're finding good materials for making so why your order late. We understand you're being eager for waiting. Please, wait us 2 more week."

On August 3, after 4 more weeks without any brush or communication from Kimson, I wrote again. Today I received a reply from Vu Kimson, Sales Manager, saying, "I just check your order ID 1369. It still making on my small workshop. I own a small workshop. I make everything here, reply email by myself. I only stock the raw material and when customer order - i will start to make from it. That why it take little long time than trading company."

In my opinion, 3 months is not a "little long time," and if Mr. Kimson cannot keep up with his current orders he simply shouldn't take payment for any new ones. This clearly is the worst service I have ever received from a vendor. At this point I plan to give the Kimson Handicraft Company 2 more weeks to deliver the brush. If I still haven't received it then, I am going to cancel the order and file a dispute via PayPal.
_______
John
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

You are a very patient man. They claim up to a month for production - I would be filing a Dispute in order to cover yourself.

Best of luck in a frustrating situation.
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
brothers

Post by brothers »

Please make sure you don't accidentally overlook a filing deadline with Paypal. I think I'd start the dispute as soon as possible. Remember that the dispute process includes Paypal notifying the vendor of the dispute and asking them to corrrect the mistake. No reason for you to delay the process on your end. Good luck!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
malocchio

hesitation

Post by malocchio »

brothers wrote:Please make sure you don't accidentally overlook a filing deadline with Paypal. I think I'd start the dispute as soon as possible. Remember that the dispute process includes Paypal notifying the vendor of the dispute and asking them to corrrect the mistake. No reason for you to delay the process on your end. Good luck!
.....................yes ! this is good advice...cover your butt now...
franz

Post by franz »

Paypal has a 45-day window in which to file a dispute, don't they?

If the payment came from a credit card, your credit card company may be able to help you out.
Last edited by franz on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

just goes to show: one can't afford to buy cheap! :roll:
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
brothers

Post by brothers »

If there's any good coming out of this unfortunate exchange, it's only that those of us who've seen this thread will never patronize this vendor.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
franz

Post by franz »

I did a little reading elsewhere and apparently 2-3 months is typical for this vendor, but people in the end seem to have gotten their brush/handle. FWIW...
SRD

Post by SRD »

I appreciate the heads up.
Dave
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I know owners of these brushes on other forums who are very happy with them. I would really be surprised if you were actually ripped off.

I have a Semogue Limited Edition 2008 brush (silvertip in a Kimsom horn handle). The delivery date for these brushes was pushed back several times as the handles were delayed. Nevertheless, they finally arrived and we got the brushes. I believe that Shavemac might even get horn handles from this artisan.

This is a one-man business (or close to it) and he is dependent on the ability to source horns of quality for his products. It isn't a factory and it doesn't work like one. I'm sure you'll get your brush, as this wait doesn't seem all that unusual.

- Murray
churchilllafemme

PayPal refused to open a dispute, because the 45 day time period had elapsed. So I guess I wait for the brush, however many more months it takes....
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Please let us know how it all turns out. Perhaps the guy should send every new customer a communication with the disclaimer that it's going to take x number of months on average to receive the brush and to check a box or something to show the customer understands and agrees with the delay. This could go a very long way to keeping customers happy while enjoying the wait. No?
Gary

Whistler

Post by Whistler »

A few years back we did a group buy of horn handles from this vendor, it was how Shavemac got started with Kimson, the group buy was delayed same as this purchase on several occasions, but, in the end we were all (I was) happy with the product. I still use my Kimson horn with Shavmac knot in my rotation.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I'm hoping the vendor will read this and personally take care of it..

Good Luck!
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
churchilllafemme

The latest word today from Kimson:
"We made your item already.
It'll ready to ship on next week.
Please, wait us!
Have a good day!
Thanks & best regards."
_______
John
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

Having worked with international organizations, this may be a function of cultural difference. I am aware of business practices in other parts of the world that seem crazy from my point of view, but happen to be standard operating procedure for that country. So it is possible Kimson does not see this as an issue at all. Over committing on timeframes may be totally acceptable from their point of view provided they eventually deliver a quality product, which seems to be the case given others' experiences.
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
milogciachez

Post by milogciachez »

Churchill, I hope your have to wait a little longer.
I have a desire to have a Kimson´s brush for Christmas and I think I'll have to order right now!!
Please, excuse my poor English, I often make use of the google translator tool