Rasage Poulin Going out of Business?

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
brothers

Rasage Poulin Going out of Business?

Post by brothers »

He's got everything marked down, and many items are sold out. There is an announcement posted that the business is closing, and inviting interested parties to contact him if they want to buy the business.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Gary, I can't see any info about this on the website.
Regards,
Jani
ATLpr8head

Post by ATLpr8head »

Sad to hear. Great service in the past. Of course I stocked up with the dollar was much stronger and the deals were amazing. 15% of store wide isn't too bad though. Unfortunately everything that I would buy is out of stock. Probably a good thing though:) So sad if they are going out of business but last I heard he had some personal issues that he was trying to clear up.
Shawn
brothers

Post by brothers »

Aztecface wrote:Gary, I can't see any info about this on the website.
The notice has evidently been removed from the Rasage Poulin website. It was there at the time I posted the above. That's all I can say.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

The site was shut entirely around the end of August to around mid-September with no details. Now it's back up. Hmmmm. But - I do note the cut in prices, and many out-of-stock notes. Agreed too bad -- I always got excellent service from him.

For an alternate Canadian source, Fendrihan.com are also equally good to deal with.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
xXClockwork

Post by xXClockwork »

Ugh. I just spent like 20 minutes adding awesome deals to my cart, only to notice it says they no longer ship to the U.S. haha.
Jesse

2 Corinthians 5:21
brothers

Post by brothers »

xXClockwork wrote:Ugh. I just spent like 20 minutes adding awesome deals to my cart, only to notice it says they no longer ship to the U.S. haha.
What sense does that make, I wonder. I had a great list going yesterday, but didn't get as far as getting ready to buy. I was going to do that today, but evidently now I'm not. I regret seeing anyone closing their business.
Gary

Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

It's tough when sellers of fine shaving items have to close, we have less choice then. :(
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
changabang

Post by changabang »

brothers wrote:
xXClockwork wrote:Ugh. I just spent like 20 minutes adding awesome deals to my cart, only to notice it says they no longer ship to the U.S. haha.
What sense does that make, I wonder. I had a great list going yesterday, but didn't get as far as getting ready to buy. I was going to do that today, but evidently now I'm not. I regret seeing anyone closing their business.
I read on another board, and it may not have been a shaving forum, an extremely negative report from somebody in the states who had ordered from him and was of the opinion he was getting stiffed by the merchant, who in turn blamed the Canadian postal service. Maybe he decided it just wasn't worth shipping to the US any more.
James Nicks
RazorRamone

Post by RazorRamone »

I have ordered from Scott on several occasions and enjoyed outstanding service. I have no idea if/why he may be closing.

On a personal note, I once looked into a niche online shaving business. Being in Canada, our postal service rates would have placed a huge disadvantage on a business completely dependent upon shipping.

I can order from nearly anywhere in CONUS and get shipping to my front doorstep for less money than *nearby* Canadian online vendors.

This is likely why we have few online shaving sources in the Republik of Canada.

Thanks again Canada Post.
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

His Facebook page indicated a health concern in August - I hope all is well.
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman