H.L. Thäter Closeout Sale at BullGoose

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
BullGoose
Vendor

H.L. Thäter Closeout Sale at BullGoose

Post by BullGoose »

I have decided to close out my line of H.L. Thäter Shaving Brushes. My loss is your gain...all Thäters must go. Get them while you can! \:D/

H.L. Thäter Clearance Sale

http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
Nate

Post by Nate »

Well Phil, the very least that will come from this is that those guys over at B&B are realizing what we've known for years, you're a great guy to do business with.
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Thank you Nate. :D
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

I still have plenty of H.L. Thäter shaving brushes left in stock and on clearance. Get them while you can at substantial savings.

H.L. Thäter Clearance Sale

Remaining models include:

Stout 2 (4125/2)

Stout 4 (4124/4)

Cream Stout 1 (4125/1 in Ivory)

Cream Stout 2 (4125/2 in Ivory)

Plexi 0 (49125/0)

Plexi 3 (49125/3)

Plexi 4 (49125/4)

Porter (4292/3)

4276/6

Thater Stand

- Phil
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Many Thater models still available at unbeatable prices. Get them while you can. :D

- Phil
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I was just gifted a Thater =D>
I was intimidated by such a large brush.
It had my MWF whipping so fast I could hardly face lather
A happy side- again with the MWF.
After a few months with smaller brushes my puck looked like a glacial moraine and cracked with the vagarities of moisture and temperature.
This is all cosmetic. However, the big Thater has rapidly polished the soap into a smooth surface that dries solid. This may be all psychosomatic obessing on my part- but it is reassuring.
The brush did shed 12+ hairs the first two shaves before settling down.
4 shaves later it has no problems- except that huge,dense head takes FOREVER to dry. I rotate mine :)
brucered

Post by brucered »

[quote="KAV"]I was just gifted a Thater =D>
[/quote]

:lol: very nice.

glad you are enjoying it. my stout 2 is on the way to canada, i was hoping it would show up today, but i'll have to wait another day and home the mailman delivers. :D
Elephants never forget!
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

I purchased the ebony handled brush, shown in the first picture, from Bullgooseshaving.net. The brush I was sent was faulty - the handle isn't properly put together (metal foot-piece and ebony piece are not uniformly sealed). I informed the vendor and was told clearance item = no returns. I understand this policy in the case of say a 6 month old brush that has started shedding, but buying a $150 (+shipping+customs handling fees) faulty brush and having no recourse left me with a bit of a sour taste. The chaps at H.L. Thaeter have given me instructions on how to remedy the issue, but its beyond my skills (non-existent) and they have promised to take a look at it and try to get it fixed. I'll post it off tomorrow and keep fingers crossed its fixable.

I have in the past purchased two other pricey brushes from Bullgooseshaving.net and found the vendor to be a nice chap and offer good service, but this is my experience and felt sort of duty bound to share it with other members - if you're spending $150-$200 it may be worth considering. Luckily I live in the EU so posting to H.L. Thaeter isn't expensive, but its something of a hassle and would I suppose be more so for chaps outside the EU.
~ Infusing the irreducibly quotidian with sensual pleasure ~
brucered

Post by brucered »

LouisIII wrote:I purchased the ebony handled brush, shown in the first picture, from Bullgooseshaving.net. The brush I was sent was faulty - the handle isn't properly put together (metal foot-piece and ebony piece are not uniformly sealed). I informed the vendor and was told clearance item = no returns. I understand this policy in the case of say a 6 month old brush that has started shedding, but buying a $150 (+shipping+customs handling fees) faulty brush and having no recourse left me with a bit of a sour taste. The chaps at H.L. Thaeter have given me instructions on how to remedy the issue, but its beyond my skills (non-existent) and they have promised to take a look at it and try to get it fixed. I'll post it off tomorrow and keep fingers crossed its fixable.

I have in the past purchased two other pricey brushes from Bullgooseshaving.net and found the vendor to be a nice chap and offer good service, but this is my experience and felt sort of duty bound to share it with other members - if you're spending $150-$200 it may be worth considering. Luckily I live in the EU so posting to H.L. Thaeter isn't expensive, but its something of a hassle and would I suppose be more so for chaps outside the EU.
do you have pics of the flaw or mfg problems?

i never thought, but i guess with "no returns" i should have gotten phil to inspect mine prior to shipping.

this is the 1st one i've heard of having a problem with this brush and/or anything to do with BullGoose. :?
Elephants never forget!
greyhawk

Post by greyhawk »

LouisIII wrote:I purchased the ebony handled brush, shown in the first picture, from Bullgooseshaving.net. The brush I was sent was faulty - the handle isn't properly put together (metal foot-piece and ebony piece are not uniformly sealed). I informed the vendor and was told clearance item = no returns. I understand this policy in the case of say a 6 month old brush that has started shedding, but buying a $150 (+shipping+customs handling fees) faulty brush and having no recourse left me with a bit of a sour taste. The chaps at H.L. Thaeter have given me instructions on how to remedy the issue, but its beyond my skills (non-existent) and they have promised to take a look at it and try to get it fixed. I'll post it off tomorrow and keep fingers crossed its fixable.

I'm not sure I see the problem...Bullgoose was completely up front. "Clearance item = no returns" is extremely clear.

It is certainly unfortunate that the brush is faulty, but it clearly sounds like a manufacturing problem, and the manufacturer will deal with their warranty. Thäter warrants their brushes, and they are accepting the brush back.

How is Bullgoose at fault here? What would you want Phil to do? In receiving a discount on the brush, you gave up your right to deal with the vendor if there is something wrong. You accepted the discount, yet now you don't want to accept the other part of the deal.

To complain about that now is not being fair to Bullgoose.
brucered

Post by brucered »

greyhawk wrote:

I'm not sure I see the problem...Bullgoose was completely up front. "Clearance item = no returns" is extremely clear.

It is certainly unfortunate that the brush is faulty, but it clearly sounds like a manufacturing problem, and the manufacturer will deal with their warranty. Thäter warrants their brushes, and they are accepting the brush back.

How is Bullgoose at fault here? What would you want Phil to do? In receiving a discount on the brush, you gave up your right to deal with the vendor if there is something wrong. You accepted the discount, yet now you don't want to accept the other part of the deal.

To complain about that now is not being fair to Bullgoose.
i can see the OP being upset and frustrated. even with NO RETURNS, the expectation (or at least mine) is and would be, that the brush comes flawless, unless its is described (like the iKon have been).

to me the "no returns" would be for items that you get and change you mind based on looks or function. if it comes damaged straight from the Thater to the vendor then to the consumer, i can see why the OP would be upset now having to send it away to Thater for repair.

but at least, Thater is willing to accept fault and deal with it, so he's not out a brush.
Elephants never forget!
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

This flaw was not something you would see via a quick visual inspection and the poster said as much in his email to me. I am selling these brushes at my cost (i.e. zero profit) and simply cannot accept returns. This was clearly stated on the website. There is a manufacturer's warranty though and I put the poster directly in touch with Thater.

- Phil
brucered

Post by brucered »

BullGoose wrote:This flaw was not something you would see via a quick visual inspection and the poster said as much in his email to me. I am selling these brushes at my cost (i.e. zero profit) and simply cannot accept returns. This was clearly stated on the website. There is a manufacturer's warranty though and I put the poster directly in touch with Thater.
mine showed up today...PERFECT...thanks for the excellent packaging and finding me one with the loft i wanted (shorter)

very happy.

Image Image
Elephants never forget!
ridgerunner

Post by ridgerunner »

I purchased a Thater on clearance from Phil and knew that the clearance price came with no return/no exchange. I also purchased a Thater soon after they arrive at BullGoose Shaving. Any issue with the clearance brush would have been mine to resolve with the vendor via any warranty issue. My responsibility. The no return/no exchange statement was clear. I have purchased brushes from a number of vendors over time and some direct from the manufacturer. I purchased a clearance brush from another vendor with the same no return/no exchange policy. I purchased a quality brush at a significant from Phil understanding that once the transaction was processed the brush was mine, as is. I also believe that Phil would never knowingly sell any item that had a ding, dent or defect without first disclosing such information.

I am not sure what the comment about previous purchases has to do with the issue at hand. No one has ever forced me to purchase a brush - pricey or cheap.
MaxP

Post by MaxP »

brucered wrote:
mine showed up today...PERFECT...thanks for the excellent packaging and finding me one with the loft i wanted (shorter)

very happy.

As well you should be. 'Tis a fine looking brush. Enjoy!
Regards,

MaxP

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

ridgerunner wrote:
I purchased a Thater on clearance from Phil and knew that the clearance price came with no return/no exchange. I also purchased a Thater soon after they arrive at BullGoose Shaving. Any issue with the clearance brush would have been mine to resolve with the vendor via any warranty issue. My responsibility. The no return/no exchange statement was clear. I have purchased brushes from a number of vendors over time and some direct from the manufacturer. I purchased a clearance brush from another vendor with the same no return/no exchange policy. I purchased a quality brush at a significant from Phil understanding that once the transaction was processed the brush was mine, as is. I also believe that Phil would never knowingly sell any item that had a ding, dent or defect without first disclosing such information.

I am not sure what the comment about previous purchases has to do with the issue at hand. No one has ever forced me to purchase a brush - pricey or cheap.
Some of us thought this policy extended to out-of-the-box, defective items, and some of us didn't (clearly!) - either way both of these opinions posted here serve to inform members. I must say I'm a bit confused at the hostility that post provoked though. Surely members benefit from all genuine 'reviews'/reports.
~ Infusing the irreducibly quotidian with sensual pleasure ~