Tallow Based Penhaligons Coming Soon

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
BullGoose
Vendor

Tallow Based Penhaligons Coming Soon

Post by BullGoose »

I have a small stockpile coming my way -if you snooze, you will lose. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zu-3fUHwik
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

:shock: WOW! When will they be for sale Phil?
Cheers,

Craig
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Craig_From_Cincy wrote::shock: WOW! When will they be for sale Phil?
I received the sample pucks today but am waiting for the balance. They should be available by June 1st. I will actually have a small number of the Tallow Blenheim Bouquet shave soaps in addition to the tallow English Fern. All told -66 pucks of vintage Penhaligons shave soap. :D
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
Craig_From_Cincy

Are you able to give us some idea of the price range Phil? I'd like to start hoarding funds out of SWMBO's eyes.
Cheers,

Craig
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Craig, if you click on the link you can watch a video that explains the whole story. He quotes a price on the video, as well.

The price isn't cheap, but I suspect he'll blow these out in short order. This is a legendary soap that pretty much everybody thought was completely unavailable on planet earth.
"If we had steak, we could have steak and eggs, if we had some eggs."
Craig_From_Cincy

Unfortunately the speakers on my laptop are so bad I can't hear the video.
Cheers,

Craig
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

I believe he said the price would be ~$55/puck.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Blenheim!!!!!!!
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Craig_From_Cincy

I'll happily pay that for a tallow EF!
Cheers,

Craig
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

My shipment of vintage Penhaligons shave soap is stateside and I should have it in my store by this weekend if all goes smoothly. I will have English Fern refill pucks as well as a limited number of Blenheim Bouquet refill pucks.

- Phil
Craig_From_Cincy

Are you taking preorders Phil?
Cheers,

Craig
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Craig_From_Cincy wrote:Are you taking preorders Phil?
No...I am afraid not. I will likely make a limited number available each day until they are gone.

- Phil
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

Does it not drive you guys nuts thinking that just maybe, somewhere in a forgotten stock closet or storage, that last box of Coate's or old Trumpers or Floris cakes are screaming to be found?

I bet there is, this thread did it.

Good on you for your approach to selling this last stock.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Also:

Trumper Violet cream
Charles Tyrwhitt cream
Taylor stearate formula soaps

Yeah, it does drive me a bit crazy. But I don't scour eBay or anything. I will hopefully be able to get a Blenheim but don't spend a lot of time chasing unicorns.

Anymore.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Good on you for your approach to selling this last stock.
Phil gets 79 thumbs up for his service and care

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

TRBeck wrote:Also:

Yeah, it does drive me a bit crazy. But I don't scour eBay or anything. I will hopefully be able to get a Blenheim but don't spend a lot of time chasing unicorns.

Anymore.
Thing is with ebay, at least the seller sees a value, in most cases doing the product some justice. I'd be more worried about such a find just being discared by someone, who through no real fault of their own really, just discarding it.

Sorry for the off topic rants, back to the thread!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Jeez!...."from the mid '80s".....really? That would pre-date even my earliest experiances with Penhaligon products. They were REALLY good shave soaps beyond a doubt. I still have a little left of my last tallow English Fern specimen and I'd love to get some more, but regrettably, not at that price I'm afraid. Mind you, I'm not necessarily saying that they're not worth that much today, merely that I can not rationalize spending that much for one shave soap given my current situation. Time was when I would have sprung for at least one, but not now. Ah well....
Regards,
Gordon
Craig_From_Cincy

If it's any consolation Gordon, my Wife is going to flipping kill me when I buy one.
Cheers,

Craig
brothers

Re: Tallow Based Penhaligons Coming Soon

Post by brothers »

Friday, May 31st, the soap is for sale now on Phil's website.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BullGoose
Vendor

Re: Tallow Based Penhaligons Coming Soon

Post by BullGoose »

I will be putting a batch of Blenheim Bouquet up on my site a bit later this afternoon. Here us a video of how it lathers up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itSpOhDgUTw

- Phil