Restored and shop-made shaving brushes

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
vferdman

Re: Restored and shop-made shaving brushes

Post by vferdman »

I added some brushes last week and did not update this thread. So here they are.

Acrylic Acetate Prisma. First time using this material. It is very clear, almost optical quality. Very interesting effects. Available with a choice of knots.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

Silver Venom resin with choice of knots. Really beautiful resin I never used before. I really like it.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

A new brush in my store. Check it out! This one is called Inferno. Available with choice of knots.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

Another new one in a new to me color - Crushed Lemon. Features black ring and a choice of knots. Check it out!

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

This new brush is made from material I have not used before. It is resin stabilized wood. The wood is Oak and the resin is green. It is an amazing material that combines the features of both materials in one. It is fully water proof and the wood grain is accentuated by the color of the resin. Very cool stuff! Choice of knots available.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

This one is for a customer. Faux Tortoise Shell bottom, Butterscotch top and Copper pearl accent ring. BOSS knot set as high as possible (not set in pictures) for bowl lathering and lots of splay.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

I have been pretty busy in the brush making shop and have created a few more brushes including four in a holiday series. These are all available now in my Etsy shop.

I will make a separate post for each brush, but feel free to browse my shop and do not hesitate to contact me with questions and/or comments.

Happy holidays!
vferdman

Post by vferdman »

This is another brush made with Inferno resin. The first one I made didn't last a day in my shop, so I decided to follow up with another one since this material really is HOT! Choice of knots available

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

Also another beauty that never made it into my shop before being bought. This one is made with Faux Tortoise Shell resin on the bottom, Butterscotch Pearl on top and Copper Pearl accent ring. Choice of knots available.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

Now for the holiday series. This is a series of brush in what I consider festive winter holiday season colors. Of course, these can be used year round, but I was inspired by the season for these color schemes. Enjoy!

First one of the holiday series is a bit of an outlier as it differs from the other three in shape and scheme, but I thought it made a great holiday brush. The resins are Spring Green for the main body and Crushed Cranberry for the accent ring. Choice of knots available.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

Next three brushes are very similar with variations in colors of the handle elements.

This brush features Crushed Cranberry on the bottom, Emerald Green on top and Sparkle Gold accent ring. Choice of knots available.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

This one has Muave Coral on the bottom, Sparkle Gold on tops and Emerald Green accent ring.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

This next brush features Sparkle Gold on the bottom, Crushed Cranberry on top and Emerald Green accent ring. Choice of knots available.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

I have registered a domain love-your-shave.com and redirecting it to my Etsy store.

To celebrate, I am running a store-wide 15% off sale right now. No coupon necessary. Happy holidays!

--
VF

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

I have acquired some new resin blanks from a gent that has decided to get out of the brush making. He poured his own resin and had some supplies left over after his decision. He used up the supplies to pour out some of his last blanks and offered to sell the results to me. I gladly accepted the offer as his blanks are simply outstanding in beauty and quality.

I have been doing some experimentation with the new blanks to develop some shapes for this series. There are limited number of blanks and I am thinking of making them into a series. I have made 5 shapes as studies and would like to hear some comments. The colors I chose for the studies are light and cheery, but there are plenty of dark and vibrant colors in there, so I am more interested in comments on shapes and sizes rather than colors. Suffice it to say the colors and sparkleness of these blanks are amazing. You will want to stay tuned to see them.

Hare is a bad phone picture of the first five (studies of shapes, basically). What appeals to you? Imagine vibrant colors like black and red, with metallic gold, copper, silver, etc.

The height of these handles is about 70mm and the diameter between 37mm and 39mm at the widest part. They are all drilled with 1" (25.4mm) which accomodates a 24mm knot very well. There is ample room for knots up to 28mm, I believe. I want to stick with 24mm for now (final brush is a 26mm brush, so a really good all-around size) as I have many wonderful 24mm synthetic knots. BOSS and Tuxedo to crown these with. But there is definitely room for larger knots.

So please check them out and give me some feedback. These will most likely go on sale in my Etsy store aw www.Love-Your-Shave.com in the beginning of the New Year.

I will get better pictures of these with some knots dry-fitted for a better illustration, but still pictures really don't do this stuff justice. They are mesmerizing.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

Just completed this one for a custom order. Abyss and Blue Pearl resins, Elite Manchurian white fan knot.

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

I am launching a series of brushes called the Swirl Series. They are going to be made with very special resins. This series is going to be limited to about 35 brushes. Some blanks are unique and others have 2-4 similar patterns. Once these blanks are gone, they are gone and no more will be available in the near future. These resin blanks are amazingly beautiful. You are going to want to keep an eye out for the new releases. They are going to be amazing!
Here is the first one. This one is in Blue and Red Swirl. Handle is about 70mm tall and has a knot opening of 1" (25.4mm) in diameter and about 19mm deep. Choice of knots is offered or a handle-only.

Love-Your-Shave.com

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

Second one in the Swirl series is this Sea and Silver brush. It's about 70mm tall and has a 1" (25.4mm) diameter knot opening drilled about 18mm deep. Available with choice of knots or as handle-only.

Love-Your-Shave.com

vferdman

Post by vferdman »

I am launching a series of brushes called the Swirl Series. They are going to be made with very special resins. This series is going to be limited to about 35 brushes. Some blanks are unique and others have 2-4 similar patterns. Once these blanks are gone, they are gone and no more will be available in the near future. These resin blanks are amazingly beautiful. You are going to want to keep an eye out for the new releases. They are going to be amazing!
Here is the first one. This one is in Blue and Red Swirl. Handle is about 70mm tall and has a knot opening of 1" (25.4mm) in diameter and about 19mm deep. Choice of knots is offered or a handle-only.

Love-Your-Shave.com