News From Colonial Drug

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

News From Colonial Drug

Post by M6Classic »

I am just back from a trip to Colonial Drug, now in Newton, MA. While dawdling in Colonial is always a magical treat and Cathie and J.P. will always draw your attention to something new and delightful, the experience is about to get better. In two or three weeks they will move to a new and larger space just a block away. Cathie thinks it will ore closely resemble the Harvard Square shop and... Thank God...the perfume bar will be back along with a new gentleman's scent bar where you can test many products against one another.

Those of you close enough to stop by Colonial should be sure to visit in (I would guess) mid to late August.

Nota bene that my only connection to Colonial is that I have been their customer for many years and I hope to shop there for many more.

Buzz
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Re: News From Colonial Drug

Post by bernards66 »

Buzz, Thanks for the update. This second move does sound like it will be an improvement. I guess she never did get that promised website up and running eh?
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Web site, now that would be cool.
Regards,
Squire
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

Cathie and J.P. are working from a very old fashioned business model which centers on individual personal attention. Colonial Drug as a business stretches back about seventy years I am told. While it is an absolutely delightful experience to walk into the shop or to speak with one of them on the telephone, I wouldn't hold my breath for a web site. It would seem to me that Colonial's inventory is too idiosyncratic and changes too often to lend itself to e-commerce...very often they will have just one or two of a special item or might discover something unusual in an old cabinet.

Buzz