N.O.S. Tallow AOS Sandalwood soap available

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
brothers

N.O.S. Tallow AOS Sandalwood soap available

Post by brothers »

For those who are interested someone's located a large supply of it and are selling on ebay. Guys on other forums have already bought it and have confirmed it to be the real deal. There are more than one seller. The best deal - the one I chose - is selling it in 3-packs, still sealed in plastic, for $37.99 with free shipping in USA.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TheMonk

Re: N.O.S. Tallow AOS Sandalwood soap available

Post by TheMonk »

You can actually buy it through the store for $38.99 plus a 5% discount with the code you can see on the page, which ends up being less then the eBay prices, since it also has free shipping. They had a 10% discount before Christmas, but 5% still makes it cheaper then eBay.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
brothers

Post by brothers »

Wow! This is a good deal. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

brothers wrote:Wow! This is a good deal. :D
Definitely. I've already bought more then a few. 8)
David

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

isnt the stuff sold through the store non tallow ergo the ebay fuss?

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

fallingwickets wrote:isnt the stuff sold through the store non tallow ergo the ebay fuss?

clive
No, as you can see here the ones sold through the store are also the tallow soaps.
David

brothers

Post by brothers »

The confusion stems from the fact there are AOS stores in the mall and on-line (new non-tallow current formula soap only), and the other store that is selling this old stock tallow soap (Hair Care & Beauty.com, the same one that's also selling it on ebay).

I received mine (tallow old stock) today and I think it's going to be excellent. Can't wait to try it.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Sorry for multi-posts, but I must say two things: First, I liked the Sandalwood soap so well that I went back to the store's website (see link above -- I avoided using ebay this time) and ordered more. Secondly, just in case anyone reading this post wants to order some, shipping is free for all orders of $30 or more, and in addition, there are two discount codes available, depending on the size of the order you might place: for $5 off, use code "HAPPY2015". For a flat 10% discount on your order, use code "WELCOMEBACK". It'll only accept one discount coupon, not both. I suppose they're in limited supply and going fast, now that the word is spreading on the shaving forums. They are packaged in lots of 3 soaps, each in a nice little fabric bag. Shipping is via Priority 2-day US mail.
Gary

smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

Thanks for posting this. I was a frequent user of the unscented tallow AOS soap, and recently finished off my last puck, so was quite happy to see this. :D
I've already ordered some. =D>
-Ed
brothers

Post by brothers »

The last of yet another traditional classic.
Gary

insomniac

Post by insomniac »

Thank you for this, Gary. Three pucks new in shrink-wrap arrived yesterday. Now to decide if I want three more.
brothers

Post by brothers »

insomniac wrote:Thank you for this, Gary. Three pucks new in shrink-wrap arrived yesterday. Now to decide if I want three more.
My backups arrived yesterday too. I love free shipping.
Gary

smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

Got my order yesterday and used it today. Now I have to decide if I "need" more.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Gary.
-Ed