What type of knot should I use for handmade sets

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Kenneth Howald

What type of knot should I use for handmade sets

Post by Kenneth Howald »

IMAG2061.jpg
IMAG2061.jpg (721.42 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Hi, my name is Ken Howald. I enjoy turning wood on the lathe. I purchased a large buckeye burl and ended up making wet shaving sets for my son and son-in-law for Christmas. I really enjoyed working with the buckeye...so...now I am considering selling the shaving sets I make. Everyone groan in unison, I would like your input as to what type of knots I should use for my sets as well as what would be a good price point for starting out. Thank you for any suggestions that you might have. ken

Hi Ken, welcome to SMF.
Any post of a commercial nature should be posted in the Shopping forum, so I have moved your post there.
In order to sell personal items in the Selling & Trading forum, you must first have 25 posts. (See the rules at the top of the Selling & Trading forum.)

- Murray
brothers

Re: What type of knot should I use for handmade sets

Post by brothers »

Hi Ken. Maybe you've already done it, but I'd take a look around at The Golden Nib webstore. Tony is his name and he sells just about every type and size of shaving brush knot for the do-it-yourself crowd. I'd even recommend giving him a call if you might want to discuss buying a variety for resale purposes. Just my thoughts. Nice looking brush and razor!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TheMonk

Re: What type of knot should I use for handmade sets

Post by TheMonk »

Agreed. TGN has a wide offering of knots, and at a good quality/price ratio.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage