Tim's Soap

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Tim's Soap

Post by fallingwickets »

Wow! I held out for two whole days before buying a ruby red
is that a new smf record??? :lol: :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

just checked the tracking info....out for delivery......wooo hooooo :D

clive
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

You guys are awesome. Clive, hope you dig it. And thanks to the others who have ordered through my site or elsewhere.

Y'all inspired me. Old-School Lime, Plainspoken (unscented), and Columbia River just went up on my site.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Tim, what's the difference between flat-rate shipping and free shipping (other than the $3.00 per item)?

How does one qualify for free shipping? (I didn't find an explanation on your website.)

Thanks -

- Murray
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Sorry, Murray. This is a bug we're working out with the ordering system. Free shipping is for 4 tubs or more ($59). Otherwise it's a flat rate of $3 per tub of soap. I am trying to work out a better method within the parameters of the shopping cart software. Hope that helps.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks, Tim. Now I can complete my order. :)

- Murray
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

I just can't seem to resist Lime soaps... Damn you, Tim! :mrgreen:
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Bath soaps are on the site for those interested:

TIm's Soap

Thus far, all the bath soaps listed contain both tallow and lard. One unscented; all have colorants added (micas and oxides) for those concerned about such things. I will be listing many soaps without colorants over time.

I'm proud of my shave soaps, but I think the bath soaps are really something special. Shave soap is much less a mystery at this point than it once was, but good bath soaps rely not only on the proper blend of fats but also on the proper water ratio, cure time, and various other skills of the soapmaker. Landing on the right mix was a great challenge for me, and I still experiment quite a bit to learn new things.

Thanks to those who have placed orders and to those who will. :wink: Have a terrific July 4th, gents! :D
Regards,
Tim

CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I'm interested in your bath soaps, too, Tim.

Are any of these scented with EO?
(Customer Feedback: It makes such purchases way easier for me when the product description states what is fragrance and what is EO.)

Thanks, Tim.

- Murray
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Murray, gotcha. I will work on that. Meantime, none of the current lineup of bath soaps are scented with EO (Citrus Sunrise has a big percentage of EO but not 100%). I do make a ton of lavender soaps with EO, but most have sold locally and/or gotten turned into gifts. Still, I hope to have some up on the site soon. Citrus EOs tend to fade dramatically in cold process soaps but I do hope to put out an orange EO soap soon, too. Cold process beats up on EOs pretty badly. Since shave soaps are hot processed, the EO never has to endure the rigors of saponification and the effect of lye. Thus the huge number of EO soaps that are based on lavender, cedar, patchouli, and strong herbal fragrances that survive anything.

That said, Murray, PM me. I have some not-too-flashy bath soaps cut too small to sell that are 100% EO, using my favorite blend - lavender, lavandin, palmarosa, cedar, and patchouli. No colorants, either. Would be happy to see about getting you some of those.
Regards,
Tim

rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I received Tim's Edwardian Lime just after I ordered two other soaps with some reknown for mildness and latherability: Harris Lavender and Haslinger Coconut. I guess my sensitivity has peaked since I ended up dumping those because the scents were just too cloying for me. Tim's continues to chug away -- I get first-rate lathers, and the lime scent has become subdued over time while still retaining a very appealing signature. This is turning into a good deal. :D This morning I ordered his Plainspoken to have a full-bore unscented on hand. I know it will lather equally well, and right now that's what's most important.
Ron
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Tim, thanks for the explanation of cold vs hot processing and the effect on EO. Thank you also for the option of samples.

I'm sending you a PM.

- Murray
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Murray, et al., I did make a batch of orange and lavender EO soap this weekend, so 14 bars of that will go up the first week of August.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that Greek Peach is now up on my site. This is the one that got me rolling as a commercial entity, and it's pretty darn nice for summer. I listed 25 tubs for sale this afternoon.

Thanks to those who have placed orders thus far. I hope to put some posts up regarding wet shaving and soap making both on my blog in the next week or so, most heavily informed by the knowledgeable gents here at SMF. I am continually indebted to this community.
Regards,
Tim

CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Tim, I really have to admire what you have accomplished, from studying, experimenting, and developing soaps optimized for shaving and for sensitive skin in the bath/shower, to the blending of scents and fragrances and building it all into a business. This, in addition to family and the day job.

- Murray
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Thanks, Murray. It's fun, which helps, and I had already messed with perfumery ingredients some due to my interest in scent and wetshaving. It's been gratifying to have everything coalesce the way it has, and I must give lots of credit to my wife for her patience and support and to my kids for challenging me to try experimenting with colorants in soap. Otherwise everything would still be white or beige, which would be fine with me, but not nearly as much fun.
Regards,
Tim

brothers

Post by brothers »

I just placed an order for a razor with Maggard's in Michigan, and because they carry Tim's soaps, I was able to toss in an order for a tub of Tim's Lime soap. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this package!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Gary, hope you enjoy the soap.

Tim's Soap is also now available from Shave Revolution, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, Badger Shaving Co., Handlebar Supply, and - whenever the shipment reaches the shop - Italian Barber.

Check my site for some upcoming releases. Due out 9/15: Breakfast of Champions (a glass of bourbon, a cup of coffee, and a robusto)
Regards,
Tim

rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Tim, along with your soaps I'm just as impressed by the written descriptions of same on your website. I'm fighting the urge to grab some Cimarron and be transported back to the Old West.
Ron
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Tim, along with your soaps I'm just as impressed by the written descriptions
10 thumbs up on the sentiment

clive