Really BIG NEWS for EUROPE!

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
ShadowsDad

Really BIG NEWS for EUROPE!

Post by ShadowsDad »

This is really BIG NEWS!

I hinted around about this awhile back, and frankly it's been far too long in the making. We expected it to happen before summer, but things never go as planned, but today it was finalized. Krampert's Finest products will now be available in all of Europe*. There will be a production facility in Slovenia making my products from the original formulas. Right now it's just the splashes and they'll have their hands full with that alone.

Obviously their products won't be Made In Maine and can't carry that trademarked symbol, but it will be made from my original formulas.

Right now they have absolutely no product, but they are ready and chomping at the bit to get production going.

When I know more about website, etc.. I'll update here.

FWIW, I considered shipping my products from Maine to Europe, but to comply with the laws there, and the cost of shipping, just made that impractical. This was the only solution that I could come up with that made sense. Frankly, I am extremely happy that this phase is all over. As far as legal work goes, I'm betting it wasn't all that stressful, but for me it was and I almost threw in the towel and number of times. But it's both over and just beginning. Now begins the work I enjoy, getting product made and out the door. But I most enjoy making new products and I expect that to ramp up.

I know that the European plan is to retail directly from a website, and also to supply retailers throughout Europe. But as I already wrote at this time there is no product ready, and the website has yet to be made. There are already a number of retailers who have expressed an interest, and many here know their names. If you're a retailer at this time you can inquire through me until you can contact them directly.

*To know what countries it's been licensed in just check Wikipedia for the list of European countries.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
slackskin

Re: Really BIG NEWS for EUROPE!

Post by slackskin »

Congrats, Brian. As Ed Sullivan would have said, REEEEALY BIG. You have done a good deed for European consumers. Remember every good deed is rewarded.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I'm impressed, Brian. This obviously took a lot of work on your part. Very well done!

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

It makes me happy to hear of your success with your products. You're a hard worker, I can tell. I hope the Euro guys will find your soaps and fragrances as enjoyable as I do.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks gents!

Murray, you have no idea. Maine has resources to help new businesses but none of them had any experience with what I needed. They didn't slam the door in my face, they just couldn't help, but they did try to point me to folks who could. I was blazing a new trail. That was the first of many times when I almost said, "The heck with it!". But they were able to help with one critical piece of information that ultimately allowed it to get done. Of course that's the short story.

Edit: Oh, and then there were the scam artists who told me that for a mere $3200 they would publish my pending trademark in a magazine. I got a number of these offers. They were going to do for a price what was going to happen anyway just by applying for the trademark. But the price is coming down. The last one 2 weeks ago was down to $1800.
Brian

Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Just a teaser...

http://www.bayrum.eu/
Brian