The Darwin Razor

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
rakha1

The Darwin Razor

Post by rakha1 »

Hi
My colleague and I are from England and we are going to reproduce the classic Darwin Razor (British patent number: 243881) This will be engineered to a very high standard. What do members think?
Attachments
Darwin 2.jpg
Darwin 2.jpg (41.54 KiB) Viewed 5390 times
Darwin 1.jpg
Darwin 1.jpg (44.93 KiB) Viewed 5390 times
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Re: The Darwin Razor

Post by notthesharpest »

It does look a lot like a razor. :)

That handle has an elegant appearance - I'm not sure what it might feel like in my hand though.

Will you be making the entire razor in your own facility, or will parts of it come from another manufacturer?

Is there anything in particular about the design of the razor's head that distinguishes it from others?
rakha1

Post by rakha1 »

Hi
The entire razor will be made in England. This is very important to us. The original was made from cobalt steel - probably cast! and then polished.
pausted

Post by pausted »

Do you plan to use stainless steel?
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

I waited patiently until I was able to buy one of these. When I bought it, I had no idea what an excellent razor it was going to turn out to be. I've been using it for over a year and I love the way it feels in the hand, the way it looks, and the way it performs. The Darwin deserves to be copied and made available to everyone who wants one.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jurgen

Post by jurgen »

When do you think you will start ?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I dont think i could handle the handle. Gary, did you need time to get used to the shape or did it feel 'right' off the bat??

thanks
clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Clive, it feels natural. The angles and sections make it easy to hold. Used it this morning.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the info Gary. i guess I'll wait to see how these gents progress with their production and go from there. Hopefully they come back to this thread to update
de gustibus non est disputandum
alicec17

Post by alicec17 »

brothers wrote:I waited patiently until I was able to buy one of these. When I bought it, I had no idea what an excellent razor it was going to turn out to be. I've been using it for over a year and I love the way it feels in the hand, the way it looks, and the way it performs. The Darwin deserves to be copied and made available to everyone who wants one.
You're absolutely right. So everyone can enjoy it and learn the functionality.
brothers

Post by brothers »

alicec17 wrote:
brothers wrote:I waited patiently until I was able to buy one of these. When I bought it, I had no idea what an excellent razor it was going to turn out to be. I've been using it for over a year and I love the way it feels in the hand assurances obsèques, the way it looks, and the way it performs. The Darwin deserves to be copied and made available to everyone who wants one.
You're absolutely right. So everyone can enjoy it and learn the functionality.
Just a question alicec17 --- why did you insert a link into my quote that brings up a French website? Would you mind deleting that link, please? Just so you know, I've notified the administrator in case he wants to remove the link himself.
Gary

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Link removed. Alice17, you'll find no market for French funeral insurance here. Do that kind of thing once more and you're banned.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace