Vintage Heinrich Klein 6/8 Straight Razor

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
EL Alamein

Vintage Heinrich Klein 6/8 Straight Razor

Post by EL Alamein »

Another one of these. It's the last one. These are actually nice blades from the 1960's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191836363730?ss ... 1555.l2649

Chris
Antique Hoosier

Re: Vintage Heinrich Klein 6/8 Straight Razor

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Gosh I haven't bought a razor on eBay or the forums in maybe a year and a half or two so I took a flyer on this discreet 6/8. The price was right and I know the seller/previous caretaker has fine taste.
Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

MIke, congratulations to both the buyer and seller. :) I'll be very interested in your upcoming experiences with this razor, particularly regarding the ease or difficulty of establishing an edge. I only became aware of this issue because of some archived discussions here on SMF and possibly other forums.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Gary,
I will report back on my findings. 6/8 Solingen always seem to be along the same lines in my past experiences. They all seem to be plain delicious vanilla to me typically. I bought this one on a lark mainly due to the CHRONIK legendary family lines and I remember those hilarious posts about its exulted status that I always held quite suspect. A well honed straight shaves me well. Period. True, I have favored Heljestrand in the past and followed closely by certain Western Japanese. In the mid $60 range I figured I will receive a more than adequate blade.
Mike
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Mike,

Let me know how you like it. I bought two of these just to see if they were different from the others we tested years ago. They did seem different. They have a wider spine and seem to take a good edge.

Chris